unable to detect vkb controller

Moderator: AdminGroup

madcowudub

unable to detect vkb controller

Postby madcowudub » Sat Sep 18, 2021 18:52

Hello,

I've recently bought the T Rudder and then later MK3 GF w/ twist.

I've used the rudder without issues but my computer is unable to detect the M3 GF when attached to the blackbox. (vkb config showing only the Trudder and not the GF)

I tried flashing the driver for T Rudder and now my computer can't even detect the Trudder anymore. I need help to try to get the computer to detect all the vkb devices. SHOW_HID does not detect rudder and gf anymore. vkbconfig used to detect the rudder but not it doesn't detect anything when vkb devices are connect...blackbox lights don't turn on anymore either. please help!!!! :(

fallout9

Re: unable to detect vkb controller

Postby fallout9 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 19:03

Should've asked before starting flashing wrong firmware :(, but let's try to revive them. First, the GF base, what grip do you have on it and what happens if you connect it to the computer with its own Black Box?

madcowudub

Postby madcowudub » Sat Sep 18, 2021 19:27

I have the M3 GF ultimate. the rudders were working but i could never get the GF detected when connected to the blackbox that the rudders are also connected too. after my flash attempted i seemed to have screwed up and now both devices can’t be detected.

madcowudub

Postby madcowudub » Sat Sep 18, 2021 19:40

is shorting the boot jumper the only way to get the devices detected again? i will test if only the black box and gf connection without rudders later.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 19:44

Download the VKBDevCfg, zBootloader and firmware package. Unzip them and move them all in a dedicated VKB folder.
With both Black Boxes disconnected run zBootloader. Plug the GF base to its own Black Box, then plug that Black Box to USB while holding the white Sys button on the Black Box pressed. When the red light on the zBootloader window becomes green release the button, click on the ... button, navigate to the firmware folder, chose the file called _BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_Ultimate_Twist_v2_05_5.vkb and flash it.
This guide would also help you with flashing and calibrating.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 19:46

madcowudub wrote:is shorting the boot jumper the only way to get the devices detected again? i will test if only the black box and gf connection without rudders later.

Please wait for guidance before doing anything extreme like flashing wrong firmware, shorting pins etc!!!

madcowudub

Postby madcowudub » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:06

Hi fallout9,

I followed your instructions and seperated out the 2 blackboxes for the Trudder and GF MK3 Ultimate w/ twist.

I was able to get the reflash the ultimate to the w/o twist version as not to have confliction Z axis for the Trudder (based on your recommendation on other threads).

I'm able to get the blackbox that came with the GF to recognize on vkbconfig but the blackbox that came with the Trudder is having trouble connecting and getting recognized. I'm also not able to have the Trudder recognized via the (GF blackbox).

I'm stuck trying to get the rudders working. It was working before until I started flashing w/o consulting you. :(

Anything I can do to get the rudders working?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:45

If it's not difficult, record a video that doesn't work for you.

madcowudub

Postby madcowudub » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:15

Hi Ron,

So I've plugged the T Rudder & GF Ultimated flashed w/o twist into the blackbox (blackbox showing 2 green lights *left side* and 1 blue light *right side*. I'm able to have vkbdevconfig recognize the GF (although rudder not showing in the VKBDevconfig white box) but i've noticed the rudder successfully replaced the Z axis.

Is this how it's supposed to work? Trudder no longer is treated as it's own HID device and falls under the GF configuration?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:42

Quite right. When connected to the BB GF with MCGU T-Rudder pedals, they will automatically connect to the reserved and configured 7th axis. You just need to remember to calibrate them. Now the pedals are included in the GF device and therefore do not have a separate line in the configurator, in contrast to the connection to a separate BB.
But, if you want to use the twist axis on the MCGU with connected pedals, you will need to slightly change the settings in the configurator.

Return to “Technical Support”