Adjustable Curves - CrvA, DR, and LEDs

Moderator: AdminGroup

SCOrigins

Adjustable Curves - CrvA, DR, and LEDs

Postby SCOrigins » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:32

I'm wanting to setup adjustable/swappable curves for a flight sim.

1) I'm finding that I'd like the feature to swap between multiple user-configured curves instantaneously, similar to the function of CrvA, except swapping between two curves, not one curve and no curve. Is this possible?
2) I set a momentary DR button that I can squeeze to gain extra precision when flying. Though the only options are 1:2, 1:3, 1:4: which is quite limiting. Is there a raw text file or something I can manually edit to create DR modifications between 1:1 and 1:2? I find 1:2 to be far too drastic for what I was hoping could be a 10-30% boost to precision

My main goal is to be able to increase the precision of my curve in flight, and I believe this could ideally be achieved by being able to set intermediate DR values between the given options, or if I could swap between two user curves. This is my main question. Though I also was curious how I could setup the LEDs to swap color whether or not one of these buttons had been pressed - that could be a useful visual indicator. Thank you!

fallout9

Re: Adjustable Curves - CrvA, DR, and LEDs

Postby fallout9 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:48

Please check these tutorials about LEDs and curves.
Also,
1) It is possible by flashing the NG version of the firmware which is under development and might work or not (99% works); could be downloaded from developer's personal website.
2) You could create your own curve, don't need to edit anything manually; something like this:
Attachments
m.JPG

SCOrigins

Postby SCOrigins » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:45

Hi Fallout9,

As an example, I attached two pictures of curves that I might want to swap between (I'm aware that this is on Axis3 which is not in effect on the stick, but just for demonstrating the idea that I wanted to be able to switch between two curves. This can be done using the experimental software? Thank you
Attachments
2.png
1.png
Last edited by SCOrigins on Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:45, edited 1 time in total.

SCOrigins

Postby SCOrigins » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:49

Thanks, I reviewed the videos and flashed the NG firmware.

1) Could you advise me how I can configure swappable curves now that NG is flashed?
2) I was also interested in usingthe DP Double Points for higher resolution/smoother curves, but there's a checkable box only for odd boxes.

Edit: It might have something to do with EQ N or more likely Profiles - wondering how to save diff curves per profile and if a button can toggle between profiles
Also noticed my right stick has button order changed significantly, whereas Left is same as the old firmware. Pretty sure I used the right firmware. Is this expected?
Attachments
3.png

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 21:04

In NG the numbers of values lines in the Response Curve section don't represent only axes anymore; they're also curves that could get applied individually to any axis by assigning to a button the Curves/CRV2 control. You could have several CRV2 assigned buttons on you joystick; pressing each would activate a different curve, depending on how many you want to set up (max 8).
The DP check box is linking 2 lines of values, making it the same curve with more adjusting points.

Also noticed my right stick has button order changed significantly, whereas Left is same as the old firmware. Pretty sure I used the right firmware. Is this expected?

That's because you haven't reset it to default, as required.

ViKingB

Postby ViKingB » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:04

I apologize in advance for resurrecting this older thread, but it is very specific to my question on my Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate. For the X & Y axis, I setup multiple custom curves each with their own button. The values lines in the Response Curve section (lines 1 and 2) hold the data for the first custom curve when I setup the curve button for the X & Y axis. When I setup the second custom curve, with its own curve button, I have to reuse those two same Response Curve value lines (1 and 2) for the X & Y axis. As such, while the button for both custom curves work (X & Y axis), they both have the same curve. That is, they both use the values currently in lines 1 and 2 of the Response Curve section. I don't see how to have two separate custom curves for the X & Y axis when there appears to be only one storage location for the curve data. Thanks for helping me understand this capability as the software is still new to me.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:14

There's only 1 custom curve that could get assign to each axis in the regular (XT) software. You could either apply that curve permanently to an axis by checking the EQ option in Profile/Axes/Physical axes or keep the default linear curve on an axis and apply a custom curve on button press (Crv/CrvA options).
The NG version of software allows more curves to get applied to an axis, but this version is more complicated and I wouldn't recommend using it until getting comfortable with the regular version.

ViKingB

Postby ViKingB » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:25

Okay, Fallout9. Thank you for the clarification and extra info. I'll look into the NG version of the software when I'm comfortable with the XT version.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 20:49

Here Alex_Oz showed an example with 5 curves for 3 axes (1,2,5), which are switched by the HAT C1 and the priority button D1, with indication of modes. Corrected a little for the GF base with the SCG grip. Adjust curves 1,3,5, and 7 to your taste.
2.068 SCG NG 5 curve.rar
(807 Bytes) Downloaded 90 times

Return to “General discussions”