Gladiator K is fact of life now.

Moderator: AdminGroup

AeroGator

Gladiator K is fact of life now.

Postby AeroGator » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:42

GLADIATOR K FORUM POST 2.jpg

It is made with a well established Gladiator base, a pre-installed Lite Upgrade, and 4 different Kosmosima grips to choose from: Standard L, Standard R, Premium L, Premium R.

RRP:
- Gladiator K with Standard L or R Kosmosima grips - 149 US Dollars;
- Gladiator K with Premium L or R Kosmosima grips - 179 US Dollars.

Let's compare these prices to those of all parts purchased separately:
Gladiator joystick (84 bucks) +
Lite Upgrade (21 buck) +
Kosmosima Premium grip (119) =
224 dollars earned in the sweat of thy brow. Buying a Gladiator K you are saving 45 dollars which is quite a chunk.

FAQ:

Are grips interchangeable?
YES they are. You may first buy one joystick with a Kosmosima Right. Then, as you progress, you buy a GunFighter base with a Kosmosima Left, swap the grips, and you now have a pretty solid setup of a Kosmosima Gunfighter on the right, and a Gladiator K on the left. Поди плохо. ?לא טוב 可不好。

Ha, great! Interchangeable grips mean I can mount an MCG on the Gladiator??
YES but NO. You can. But you should not. This joystick is NOT meant to be used with a MCG, period. You can mount it on this base, and it will fit. But in case of any problems we will not offer free repair or replacement, and will not guide you through any setting up or fine tuning procedures. Could we disable using MCG by the means of firmware? - yes. But we respect users' curiosity and creativity. Some may want to experiment, and we don't want to limit you. Just do it at your own risk.

Wait wait.... Replaceable grips, all this... are you saying Gunfighter bases will be sold separately?
YES you read my lips right.

Shut up and take my money!
I will, don't worry.... but not all of it! ALL Gladiator K owners will enjoy 10% off on Gunfighter base. You will need the serial number of your Gladiator K to claim the discount. Don't trade the serials, there is one discount for one serial number.

(Shocked): That's it?
Roughly. Except, June 4 we will have a free Gladiator K draw at our Youtube channel. Not only the winner will get the device but we will also cover shipment fees. Customs duty, if any, on you.

Now, this is it.

Stay safe, take care, and enjoy flying to its fullest.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

SimpleSimon

Re: Gladiator K is fact of life now.

Postby SimpleSimon » Mon Jun 01, 2020 13:50

Nice.

Sorry just wondering is the Gladiator programmed through VKbDevCfg same as the Gunfighter?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 15:14

Of course, programming is possible for any VKB device in which there is a controller.

gkatz2022

Postby gkatz2022 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 16:09

When will it be available?

Sone

Postby Sone » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:01

Is the 'K' a successor mentioned here?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08

Yes, it is! (doesn't mean that it'd be the last of the series though)

Glacier

Postby Glacier » Tue Jun 02, 2020 19:07

I have the hand-assembled Kos + Gladiator II setup, and I'm intrigued with the idea of upgrading to a Gunfighter III base and center-mounting the Kos. Have you decided/announced when those bases will be available to be buy individually?

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:06

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Jun 04, 2020 17:58

Glacier wrote:I have the hand-assembled Kos + Gladiator II setup, and I'm intrigued with the idea of upgrading to a Gunfighter III base and center-mounting the Kos. Have you decided/announced when those bases will be available to be buy individually?

Not yet. There's currently no ETA as to when VKB HQ will offer stand-alone Gunfighter bases. As soon as we know, we will let everyone know.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Escapetaxi

Postby Escapetaxi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 17:58

Helloh!

May I ask, if you still use the Original Grease, or are there any Changes? Same for Gimbal System, etc.
Would be nice to know! :)

AeroGator

Gladiator K - Kwik Update

Postby AeroGator » Wed Jun 10, 2020 16:16

All New Gladiators K ordered and paid for by today have been mailed out - no shortages, no waiting lists. While the cargo is still on the way to Europe the Airlift option is active, and working: Friday we are seeing the air cargo off. New orders coming, getting served same day or next, depending on time belt.

But hey, why buy if you can win. 11 June at 7pm PDT or, if you are in Europe, 12 June 4am by Amsterdam time we will dig in our hat for the lucky winner. The draw will be streamed at our YT channel. You don't even have to watch, we will name the winner in the comments. Just to remind you, all you need to do is leave a comment under the lucky draw video.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

corvus5624

Postby corvus5624 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 18:06

I've ordered a Gladiator K from the European webshop this Wednessday. What does it mean that all orders have been mailed out? My order status still says processing.

Sorry for the impatience, but my X-52 died on me this week (not sure if that is a bad thing or a good thing, hoping for the latter!).

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:26

One time a week (every Friday) we mailed all orders to EU dealer by air cargo. 4-5 days later he can resend parcels to clients address.

corvus5624

Postby corvus5624 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:33

Ok, thanks for your answer!

Hwspring

Postby Hwspring » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:09

Hello, is there any update regarding availability of the upgrade kit for gladiator 2? I’ve purchased one couple of months ago with the plan to upgrade it to what you now offer as K model.

However it looks like upgrade kit is not available all the time.

Would you be able to advise if and when upgrade kit would be available in eu?

Thank you kindly

Return to “Official announcements”