Scale drawings needed

Moderator: AdminGroup

Jimbolino

Scale drawings needed

Postby Jimbolino » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:34

Hi guys, I'm planning to buy a gunfighter III stick, modern combat pro grip. I have a sim rig with a very reclined seat and sidestick configuration. Could you post or forward me scale drawings of said stick, preferably in centered and fully deflected positions, with and without the available extensions? I need to check clearances and ergonomy in order to decide which configuration is best.

Salute

Jimbolino

Re: Scale drawings needed

Postby Jimbolino » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:57

fallout9 wrote:http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/GF2_Pro-MCG_Pro-DRW.PDF

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/G ... ro-DRW.PDF

Thanks, I had a look at these previously.
I'd need drawings showing the stick fully deflected (pitch, roll). I thought there's also a short extension available?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 18:22

I don't think there are any drawings of the stick fully deflected. I'll try to take some measurements when I'll get home with grip and grip+long extension, hopefully that would help you to make a decision.
But if you're in a reclined position the angle of your arm and grips is going to be too far from 90 deg; it could work for a no extension installation, but if you put the extension too you might both get into an uncomfortable position and not being able to reach all the buttons on the grip.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:10

Jimbolino wrote:I'd need drawings showing the stick fully deflected (pitch, roll).

Just measured the MCG Pro deflection with 200mm extension and without extension; can't help with the 100mm extension as I don't have it.
Took the measurements from the middle of the base connector to the farthest point the head of the grip is touching.
Attachments
GF2-MCG_Pro-DRW.jpg
GF2_Pro-MCG_Pro-DRW.jpg

Jimbolino

Postby Jimbolino » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:57

Thanks for the drawings. Is the pitch motion asymmetric, or are the stated values different because they were taken from the outer grip edge?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 18:45

Jimbolino wrote:are the stated values different because they were taken from the outer grip edge?

Yes.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”