Problems with Elite Dangerous firegroups.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Jim

Problems with Elite Dangerous firegroups.

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:22

Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience, I have a Gunfighter with the Modern grip.

aklambda

Re: Problems with Elite Dangerous firegroups.

Postby aklambda » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:28

What seems to be the problem? It helps if you give us some information on your troubles.

Jim

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 09, 2019 18:07

VKB gunfighter joystick with the Modern Combat grip doesn't recognize more than 2 triggers in the Fire Group panel. What this means is I can only have a column A and B with 1 system chosen in each, any more than that and the stick doesn't recognize them. I'm not using any software with the stick, the only other game related program running is Voice Attack for a few other commands.

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 23:42

E:D has a limitation on only supporting primary and secondary fire in the fire groups, this isn't a limitation of the grip, but a limitation of the game itself.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Wed Oct 09, 2019 23:58

Agreed. You need other buttons mapped to switch forward or backward through your fire groups
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Jim

Postby Jim » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:14

That's not the issue, I can scroll through the fire groups w/out a problem. It's using the triggers to activate anything assigned outside of the first 2 trigger assignments. Example, in group A I have lasers on trigger one and I may have discovery scanner on trigger 2, if I assign anything else outside that fire group the trigger defaults back to the first assignment. This means I have no more than 2 items available at a maximum of 2 fire groups (trigger 1 in one group and trigger 2 in the other). In short, the trigger is defaulting to the first assignment regardless of the fire group activated.

FlyingPingu

Postby FlyingPingu » Thu Oct 10, 2019 14:46

Seems to be a ED update bug and not a gunfighter problem.

Jim

Postby Jim » Thu Oct 10, 2019 17:42

Except I'm the only one infected with said bug.

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 14:26

tbh, I couldn't understand the issue - if you could explain it a different way, I might be able to offer some assistance.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sun Oct 13, 2019 17:55

Ditto; I can't understand either.

OP/Jim: If it helps, here's a mapping sheet - populate it with your mapping and pass it back...maybe we can make other suggestions? As currently filled in it's pretty close to my latest choices. I only have the ability to roll one way thru firegroups because I decided going both was unnecessary, as even in a T10 equipped as a kitchen-sink-explorer with everything I could think I might want, I don't tend to have more than 4 firegroups max anyway.

https://1drv.ms/p/s!AuHD2NL7qn3w3gxZVfB ... x?e=Wd1SLo

You may note I have primary and secondary fire on different hands, not trigger1/trigger2, because its impossible to press "trigger2" without pressing "trigger1" first. I don't know if that could be involved in your issue in any way. Almost sounds like you accidentally have some entirely different command also bound to trigger1 or 2 that's messing with your mind...? The 'superposition' of controls in Elite is a bit of a pain, in terms of which one might override another in various contexts, and took me a long time to straighten out myself. That, and there are a few circumstances where the MCG does seem to throw random commands, although mostly reported from the very first batch like I have (and manageable) ...not truly random as it's always center-presses on the various 4-way hats that seem to get inadvertently triggered, when it does happen.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

SockToy

Postby SockToy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 22:22

I use a kosmonaut left and MCG PRo right in ED no problems.

I have the rapid trigger on the SCG-L bound to switch firegroups back and forth, SCG-L set to secondary fire and MCG-Pro set to primary fire (and the flip trigger there to cycle subsystem targets)

I think you're saying that if you select fire group C and then pull trigger the system immediately shifts back to firegroup A, is that right?

If so it sounds like you have your triggers bound to firegroup switching as well as shooting, and that'd be an ED mapping problem

My setup:
- Warthog throttle + analogue stick upgrade + ED 3d printed cam
- MCG Pro right
- SCG Pro left
- Crosswind pedals

VKB sticks both running 1.977 on mk 2 bases

This works fine. Sounds like config rather than a bad stick to me

Return to “General discussions”