MCG Pro brake flickers or activates by itself

Moderator: AdminGroup

Uxi

MCG Pro brake flickers or activates by itself

Postby Uxi » Sat Sep 07, 2019 18:43

About a week down and really enjoying Gunfighter 2 and MCG Pro. Just recently added T-Rudders Mk IV so could have proper yaw not on the throttle. Last couple days, however have had an issue in Elite Dangerous where I was mining and my brake lever (set to disengage flight assist) activated on it's own while I was firing the flip trigger. I re-engaged and it did it again about 30 seconds later during firing, When I was done, flipping the trigger back up didn't work. When I was done, I noticed in Windows USB Controllers that the brake access ("dial") was fully engaged and button 24 wouldn't work. Pulling the brake lever had no effect. Everything else seemed to work, including the Master Access long press axis. Unplugged and replugged the black box and everything went to normal. I couldn't really make it replicate though though found if I rotate at extreme counterclockwise saw the brake axis flicker once and I believe the lights on the black box very briefly flickered, as well.

Is this software or something physical I should look at?

ddrake1984

Re: MCG Pro brake flickers or activates by itself

Postby ddrake1984 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:46

sounds like it could be one of the pins not making contact briefly? but it's difficult to say.
you could try these steps
- ensure the grip is firmly in place
- check the pins are making contact (ensuring they are all extended)
- open the grip and see if there are any loose wires.

Uxi

Postby Uxi » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:50

Noticed after the post I could make it happen intermittently. Only counterclockwise turns, though and wasn't able to replicate the trigger thing again.

I took off the grip and and base plate and everything seemed in order. [Well, notice the lug from the left didn't want to come out and it got turned around so for awhile I couldn't remount the grip... but was able to turn it back around, though still couldn't get it out. Remounted the grip nice and tight. Not sure if this will be an issue going forward] I didn't take apart the grip, though. Since then, thought I was all clear since didn't see it for a couple days. But in my startup routine today I did another max counterclockwise and saw a brief flicker on the brake axis. Didn't notice anything on the blackbox, though. Very intermittent.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:26

Is your device properly calibrated in VKB software (and NOT Windows)? Could you post a screenshot of the Profile/ Axes/ Physical and Logical Axes tabs?
Also, are your rudders connected through their own Black box or through MCG Pro's?

Uxi

Postby Uxi » Tue Sep 10, 2019 18:11

Yes, calibrated with VKB Config.
Rudders connected to the MCG's black box.
Attachments
20190910_logical.png

Uxi

Postby Uxi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:59

Got in a session and it was especially bad. Wasn't even manuevering though was pulling the flip trigger and the brake and flip/24 were randomly engaging. Also seemed to briefly lose the DC hat as well as the Reset hat. And the Gate Cont seemed to being pulled down and right (I had been using it that direction briefly as I use it for free view, but was 'remembered?') Unplugged and re-plugged the USB from the black box and still seemed erratic, though perhaps not as bad but still had a few random engagements of the brake. This could perhaps be happening even more but I'm not seeing it when I'm in supercruise in the game.

Guess I'll pull it and take it apart to see if a wire is loose. Is there a debug mode or something on the blackbox?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00

Try one more thing before that - update both your software and the firmware, they're both outdated. New versions here: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=4609

Uxi

Postby Uxi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:48

Straight to (v1.97.7) or do I need to do the intermediary 1.96F first?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:37

You can (you need, the configurator header reminds you of this) immediately v1_97_9.

Uxi

Postby Uxi » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:32

I'm thinking it wasn't tight enough. Now I'm kinda paranoid I'm putting too much torque since I compulsively check and always seems like I can tighten a bit more....

Return to “Technical Support”