Stick LED Blinking Red After SET

Moderator: AdminGroup

AeroGator

Re: Stick LED Blinking Red After SET

Postby AeroGator » Fri May 10, 2019 8:53

helios wrote:What exactly different are they, sorry that I have no idea about different between VKB official download and alex-oz.strana.de, I found this site on other post with similar issue like me.

Alex-oz's site is a kind of semi-official - but still NOT official place to get pre-release firmware.
That said, I feel like I need to repeat: we are only standing by our official firmware, downloaded from our official ftp.
Whatever other versions, even written by ourselves, you may only use at your own risk. We will not be responsible for absolutely anything that may happen to your devices, computer, or the rest of the world, as the result of using un-approved firmware.
ONLY download the pre-release FW when you know what you are doing, or if our engineer tells you to do so in course of tech support or testing procedure.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

helios

Postby helios » Fri May 10, 2019 10:13

Sounds fair, so, please pay more effort to fix this issue asap, it seems a lot of people with the same issue.

VampireNZ

Postby VampireNZ » Sat May 25, 2019 4:26

Resetting to factory 'Default' setting sorted out my flashing red Stick LED issue. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2654

I initially updated to the latest VKB Device Firmware (v1.96.B) but that made no difference.

After enabling the LED display in the .ini file - [User] User=Developer Enables Macro, LEDs, virtual mouse using. I saw that for some reason pretty much all my LED 'Events' were set to SHIFT for some reason.
Hitting the Default button reset them all to Zero Event, Calibration, Rudder Connect etc - and now the Stick light is steady green.

That's a win :D

Drano

Postby Drano » Sun May 26, 2019 4:29

FYI, resetting to factory default is a necessary step EACH TIME you flash a firmware. Missing that step could definitely cause odd stuff to happen. Also be sure to have all files related to vkb in a common folder.

Process is :

From within VKBDevconfig, hit the bootloader button.

VKBDevconfig should close.

Don't run these programs together!

Run bootloader.

Select the FW you want being sure it matches your grip and base. There are many combinations.

Click flash it.

When bootloader finishes it'll close and VKBDevconfig will try to open. I just close them both.

Now open VKBDevconfig.

Your new FW should show at the top.

Important!---> Click default.

The device will restart.

Important! - - > calibrate the stick completely.

The device will restart again.

You're now ready to go.

It seems like a massive process but it actually took me longer to tap that out on my phone than it actually takes to do it. Once you've done it a couple of times it'll come naturally.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon May 27, 2019 8:51

Drano wrote:FYI, resetting to factory default is a necessary step EACH TIME you flash a firmware. Missing that step could definitely cause odd stuff to happen. Also be sure to have all files related to vkb in a common folder.

Damn right. So often it is neglected. And we often neglect it, too - just because we somehow think it is so much a common place everyone knows it.
However yes it has to be repeated every now and then.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Drano

Postby Drano » Mon May 27, 2019 17:47

I don't know if neglected is the right word. It's kind of the nature of this beast. I think you could rent sky writers and people will just plug the thing in and expect it to go as with practically every other stick that's ever been available. This is a different animal!

As this process becomes commonplace to one group of new users many months will go by, due to the sparse availability of product, and a new group comes in with the same kinds of problems. Almost as of it's a whole new product! I've noticed this cycle playing out as new shipments arrive so I've tried to help where I can. I was a new user once and had some hiccups getting started. My flashing light back then was due to literally not having a firmware available for the then super new MCG-Pro I had plugged into my Gunfighter. That was on you guys hehe! But you straightened it out in a day or so.

The thing is this system of sticks isn't purely an easy mode plug and play thing. There's a little more to it just because of the modularity of the system. But this is what sets it apart from other brands! Flashing firmware isn't something most are comfortable doing but it's necessary with this brand so you can easily swap grips. I think if you could come up with something that would let a base auto detect what grip was plugged into it that MIGHT save a lot of the confusion. But even so if new grips became available a corresponding new firmware would still need to be flashed.

As to the flashing thing there tends to be two schools of thought. There's the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" tribe. And there's the tweakers that update because there's an update (that's me). Whatever tribe you're in just be aware that if you have a base and grip combo that you have working, you really don't need to re-flash anything unless you want to. But if you change grips you MUST flash the correct firmware for that combination of grip and base. Switch back? Gotta re-flash. Every time. You have to tell the base what grip you have plugged into it and the firmware is how that happens.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

helios

Postby helios » Mon Jun 10, 2019 19:25

I have another issue on the SYS LED, I have downloaded the official version of VKB Device Firmware (v1.96.D) & VKBdevCfg (v0.90.19) from VKB website, the SYS LED changed to steady red instead of steady blue, is that normal? Then I have rollback the firmware to v1.96.C but still using the VKBdevCfg (v0.90.19), then the SYS LED changed back to steady blue.

The combination of Gunfighter MK.II + the MCG Pro is a great flight stick, but the LED issues made me very confuse for what is a correct LED color, is there any documents about all the correct LED color, kindly advice and please help.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 19:44

Have you updated the zconfig.ini with User=Developer?

helios

Postby helios » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:25

Yes, I have done it.

McGraw

Postby McGraw » Tue Jun 11, 2019 23:42

I’ve added that line and nothing happens.

I get a flashing red light as soon as I correctly program the folding trigger.

helios

Postby helios » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:32

Did you add User=Developer under [User] section? If you add it correctly, you should see Macro, LEDs, virtual mouse settings.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:14

Helios and McGraw - try this:
Get back to whatever firmware or settings would have your LEDs working fine. Save that profile. Now update the firmware or do whatever changes you want and hit Set. If the LEDs are wrong again then hit Load to load your saved configuration, hit Clear All button in the next window and mark ONLY the LED Events box. Hit OK. Any change?
Note that you'll have to mark the Partial Write box in the Settings tab to get the option to load only the LEDs.

helios

Postby helios » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:03

Thanks for your info, I will try it tonight.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:58

Errr... OK, we've already talked about pre-release FWs from Alex Oz.
If any function doesn't work as it should, or at all, or the whole thing releases a puff of blue smoke - sorry this is life :)
However of course if you use an official FW from our site, and something (like the LED color) works not in a right way, it'd be a right moment to remind you guys to save your device profiles before going through the update.
Then, after update you can simply load the profile, and off you go.
But
sometimes the FW updates are going pretty deep, and even a saved profile wouldn't help. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes it does. Sorry for that. In such case you can manually re-configure the colors of the LEDs, as our utility soft allows it.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

helios

Postby helios » Wed Jun 12, 2019 17:41

I have saved a copy of profile during all LEDs with correct color and flashed to official VKB Device Firmware (_BlackBox_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_96_D.vkb) again which I downloaded from VKB website, and the SYS LED glow steady red, then I load the profile which I saved and the SYS LED still red instead of blue, eventually, I have to rollback the firmware then everything just fine.

I saw that on the last screen of the ZBootloader that seems an error at last row when flash to _BlackBox_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_96_D.vkb, but the ZBootloadeer will then close itself too fast and I can't read what is that, does anyone have any idea?

PS. my stick work perfectly using firmware file _BlackBox_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_96_C.vkb

Return to “Technical Support”