Space Combat Grip "Kosmosima"

Moderator: AdminGroup

UIV
Мастер

Space Combat Grip "Kosmosima"

Postby UIV » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:31

Dear fellow sim pilots - Happy New Year 2019!

The Kosmosima Space Combat Grip (SCG) is finally here! An alloy of superb quality, ergonomics, and design incorporated into unprecedented functionality.

The compact grip design is ideal for prolonged desktop use. VKB engineers have spent extra time planning for optimal positioning of the controls, with all buttons, triggers and hats to be within easy reach; pilots don’t need to shift their hand position to reach any button.

The new pistol grip design allows for comfortable handling. This becomes particularly important as the grip is equipped with a twist axis besides in addition to the standard controls. It’s essential that pilots while focused on operating buttons, triggers, and hats, have easy access to the SCG’s smooth twist functionality.

Similar to VKB’s Modern Combat Grip (MCG), the Kosmosima takes its construction modularity to a new level, as there’s only one 3-wire cable inside, which runs from the grip to the base connector (see image on the left).
All other elements of the grip are interconnected by means of printed circuit board (PCB) modules. Having less cables increases reliability, and makes taking the grip apart and reassembling it easy and effortless.

Kosmosima’s new cam-based twist design is an absolute breakthrough in gaming devices available today, and a hallmark of VKB's design and engineering.

Supported by a contactless sensor (MaRS) this built-in twist axis affords unprecedented reliability and precision. The self-centering mechanism does not affect the pitch and roll axes of the grip; likewise, even intensive grip movements around pitch and roll axes won’t cause unwanted twist deflection.

Kosmosima comes in two different versions:

Kosmosima Standard:
Features:
• Left- or Right-hand versions
• Compact grip design - Perfect for tabletop joysticks
• Lockable Twist axis w/ contactless MaRS sensor
• Dual Action Trigger
• 3 Hat switches with center push
• 4 Buttons
• Programmable red color LED
• Programmable RGB LED
• 2 interchangeable palm rests (total of 3 palm sizes)
Content:
• Grip with installed palm rest
• Palm rest for small hands
• Set of grip-to-base fasteners

Kosmosima Premium
Features:
• Left- or Right-hand versions
• Compact grip design - Perfect for tabletop joysticks
• Lockable Twist axis w/ contactless MaRS sensor
• Dual Action Trigger
• Rapid Fire Trigger
• 3 Hat switches with center push
• 3 buttons
• 1 analog ministick with center push
• Programmable red color LED
• Programmable RGB LED

Content:
• Grip with installed palm rest
• Palm rest for small hands
• Set of grip-to-base fasteners
• Extra button module for C1 position
• Extra hat switch module for A1 position
• Trigger cover
• Screwdriver
• Set of screws
• Coaster (VKB-Sim Crew Kosmosima)

Specifications for all SCG variants:
• Kosmosima is an all-purpose control grip for aero-, robo-, and space simulators
• Material: industrial-grade ABS
• Compact design and low height makes it extra comfortable with desktop joysticks
• Kosmosima offers plenty of handily positioned buttons
• A 32-bit ARM controller is used for precise and speedy data computation and transmission to the joystick base
• Kosmosima sports original Japanese ALPS buttons for extended longevity, and a VKB proprietary self centering twist
• LEDs are user-programmable

Specifications for the SCG Premium variant:
• Default analog ministick can be swapped for included hat switch (A1)
• Default hat switch with center push can be swapped for included thumb button (C1)
• Additional Rapid Fire trigger allows for pouring the enemy with fire from different type of weapons

The Kosmosima Premium variant boasts another VKB invention - the additional Rapid Fire trigger.
The pilot's index finger - positioned between the Dual-Action trigger and the Rapid Fire trigger – can switch between different weapons instantaneously.

There are a total of 5 buttons within immediate reach of the index finger, allowing for ergonomic switching from one type of weapon to another, while continually blasting the enemy with a hail of fire.

In some missions the additional trigger may not be needed, or if you prefer to use your Kosmosima for the left hand, or to control a helicopter, or a commercial aircraft, it can be taken off its base, and its seat covered with the provided plug.

Premium version owners can replace the A1 hat switch with a ministick, and the C1 button can be replaced with a mini hat switch with center push. The replacements can be carried out easily by the user simply by taking the two halves of the grip apart with the help of the provided screwdriver, and making the replacement(s).

Our testers are diligently working towards creating profiles for various sims and while this is still in the works the production of the first batch of the Kosmosima will be going full steam ahead.

We’re planning to start final assembly in mid-January and the expected release date is the end of January 2019.

In the meantime, you have the option to join the waitlist for a Kosmosima grip based on your individual preferences and to stay informed, as the first batch will not be very big.

Recommended retail prices:

• $79 for Kosmosima Standard
• $119 for Kosmosima Premium

Please visit your regional VKB Partner Site for more information:

VKB EU (https://flightsimcontrols.com)
VKB North America (https://vkbcontrollers.com)
VKB Russia (http://vkb-sim.pro)

Let the fun begin!

LukasB

Re: Space Combat Grip "Kosmosima"

Postby LukasB » Mon Dec 31, 2018 19:10

So Kosmosima Premium can have 4 hat switchs?

Macross

Postby Macross » Mon Dec 31, 2018 20:12

as for needing one more gunfighter mk2 for dual stick setup, and preordering both left/right stick only variants, will there be gunfighter mk2 without stick on sale or do we have to order it with kg12 grip?

aniron

Postby aniron » Mon Dec 31, 2018 20:24

The North America site has a "Gunfighter SGC edition" up. Hopefully the EU site will also offer an option of base+SGC without having to buy a 2nd grip.

monestri

Postby monestri » Mon Dec 31, 2018 21:25

Last edited by monestri on Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:44, edited 1 time in total.

monestri

Postby monestri » Mon Dec 31, 2018 21:26

How likely are we to see another revA/revB repeat?

marcusstratus

Postby marcusstratus » Tue Jan 01, 2019 0:07

Awesome, just saw the newsletter about it!

Ok, for some reason I thought there was a scroll wheel centered below the bottom hat. Was that a trick of the light or is that something VKB tried and decided against?

Also, can VKB upload an image of the Kosmosima with LED illuminated? I see they come with Red/RGB LED's and I'm wondering where the light is.

blatherman

Postby blatherman » Tue Jan 01, 2019 0:57

I'm curious what the purpose of the light is other than to have an LED on the stick. On the MCG, I'd love to have an LED that illuminates when I change the function of the top center mini-stick.

aniron

Postby aniron » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:05

marcusstratus wrote:Awesome, just saw the newsletter about it!

Ok, for some reason I thought there was a scroll wheel centered below the bottom hat. Was that a trick of the light or is that something VKB tried and decided against?

Also, can VKB upload an image of the Kosmosima with LED illuminated? I see they come with Red/RGB LED's and I'm wondering where the light is.

Perhaps you confused it with Virpil's spacesim grip, the Constellation Delta?

Ecoline Crush

Postby Ecoline Crush » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:23

No, the post clearly says that there are two LEDs (one red, and one RGB) on the premium version of the grip.

I am also wondering what that looks like and its possible function(s).

I think subtle lights are pretty cool and excited about the LEDs. Just hoping they actually have a function besides just having it for the sake of the competition.

StarLordRick

Postby StarLordRick » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:54

Been waiting for 3 years for this and it's not supported on my black mamba lol

Ecoline Crush

Postby Ecoline Crush » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:50

Or Rev A apparently.

There should be someway for these bases to support the new sticks.
Maybe an adapter of some sort.

Macross

Postby Macross » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:57

aniron wrote:
Macross wrote:as for needing one more gunfighter mk2 for dual stick setup, and preordering both left/right stick only variants, will there be gunfighter mk2 without stick on sale or do we have to order it with kg12 grip?

The North America site has a "Gunfighter SGC edition" up. Hopefully the EU site will also offer an option of base+SGC without having to buy a 2nd grip.

I hope they add same in EU site, would make things 100% easyer, that ppl dont have to mess around with buying gunfighters with kg12 and then kosmosimas, when ppl dont need kg12:s..

aniron

Postby aniron » Tue Jan 01, 2019 13:08

Ecoline Crush wrote:
StarLordRick wrote:Been waiting for 3 years for this and it's not supported on my black mamba lol

Or Rev A apparently.

There should be someway for these bases to support the new sticks.
Maybe an adapter of some sort.

The EU store has revA Kosmosima grips. Doesn't the NA store have those?

Satyrn

Postby Satyrn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 18:35

Yes, gunfighter mk 1 is available for wait list.

Return to “Official announcements”