Gunfighter Pro (Rev.A) - Jerky movement

Moderator: AdminGroup

kosta

Gunfighter Pro (Rev.A) - Jerky movement

Postby kosta » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:22

Hello,
if I tighten the bronze screws inside the unit (the ones that tighten the dampers), to get the "heavy" feeling, the joystick movement becomes jerky - I can move the joystick only in "steps".
Why?
Mind you, never noticed this since I bought it, because I was using it with 10-cams and 20-springs, completely "open" (screws lose).
So what's the deal?

Btw. should there be a grease on those dampers?

Drano

Re: Gunfighter Pro (Rev.A) - Jerky movement

Postby Drano » Sun Nov 04, 2018 18:22

Better to change to heavier springs if a heavier feel is what you're looking for. You can put a pair on each axis. Add a heavier spring or pair of heavier springs in steps until you get the effect you want. The dampers aren't made for that and over tightening them might not be a good idea.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

kosta

Re: Gunfighter Pro (Rev.A) - Jerky movement

Postby kosta » Sun Nov 04, 2018 19:36

I tried already with a single heavier spring, and that didn't result in exactly what I wanted. I would have hoped to have a slower return to center, and no bounce. But alas, not really possible.
I actually wanted to mimic the Airbus Sidestick behavior.

I'm currently on two 10-springs, which deliver heavier feeling around the middle, but same strength when pulled further from the center. And I still have the smoothness of the stick. I am actually thinking of completely removing the dampers, to achieve maximum smoothness, without any blocking (as apparently at this point, I really have no use for them).

Return to “Technical Support”