Gunfighter MCG is on the way to EU

Moderator: AdminGroup

Eduard VKB FSC

Re: Gunfighter MCG is on the way to EU

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Sat May 26, 2018 13:48

Hello navvar,

The twist adaptor is in the roadmap for this year but I do not have information yet when it is available for EU market. I do not expect to have them in August's shipment.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

navvar

Postby navvar » Sat May 26, 2018 22:17

I guess I'll have to dust off my pedals again :D Thanks for the update though.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:56

Hi guys,

Here is the update for those who are awaiting for Pro packs (a set which includes grip extension, small base plate and the stronger springs).

Manufacturing department finished with quality check and the batch will be shipped to EU store today. I expect to dispatch the extension sets next week.

nrage147

Postby nrage147 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 13:22

Any further news on pre-order for rev.A MCG grips?

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Jun 04, 2018 14:23

Hi nrage147. Yes, we are busy with that. The pre-order functionality testing should be completed this week. Then we will be ready to start pre-ordering.

BillClement

Postby BillClement » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:29

:D Looking ahead Eduard, do you have any idea when the TECS will be ready for production?

Just a rough idea, I'm not asking for exact dates, just an inkling. Y'know, 'August/Sept, Christmas, this time next year' sort of idea.

Thanks bud, and well done on the Pro sets! It's good to be kept in the loop.

Beazil

Postby Beazil » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:43

Anything coming for those of us awaiting mcg grips in North America? Thanks in advance.

Having to re-order after having pre ordered in October 2017 is frustrating. Almost as frustrating as waiting this long to RE-order. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for some information. Thanks again.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Tue Jun 05, 2018 13:23

BillClement wrote::D Looking ahead Eduard, do you have any idea when the TECS will be ready for production?

Just a rough idea, I'm not asking for exact dates, just an inkling. Y'know, 'August/Sept, Christmas, this time next year' sort of idea.
Hi BillClement, I am sorry, mate. I don't have any inside about TECS. All I know that it is in "work in progress". I am sure that VKB will not issue a product with known flaws just to meet a deadline. Therefore, there is no dates communicated yet. I believe we will have more information when TECS prototypes pass final acceptance testing. The products became more and more sophisticated, so it is quite difficult to forecast dates. Please, don't consider my answer as an official statement of VKB, it is just my personal view.
Beazil wrote:Anything coming for those of us awaiting mcg grips in North America? Thanks in advance.

Having to re-order after having pre ordered in October 2017 is frustrating. Almost as frustrating as waiting this long to RE-order. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for some information. Thanks again.
Hi Beazil, I understand that a lot of criticism to VKB is about delays for MCG product. It is sorry to hear, indeed. I appreciate loyalty of our customers despite of that. Unfortunately, it was too many promises made last year but we have to delay production to fix all flaws and improve product further. Anyway, the mistakes were made and we learned from them.

I don't know for sure when the grips will be available for North American customers as I am not in charge for that region but from my experience NA customers get them earlier then EU customers. As for EU market we have to form a bulk cargo, then ship it over ocean. It adds some time.

The production run is one common for all regions. I am expecting to have it started by now. So, my current estimation is July for NA and August/September for EU.

Beazil

Postby Beazil » Tue Jun 05, 2018 19:01

Thanks for the speedy response Eduard. :)

Andy

Postby Andy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:37

Have Vkb had to redesign the mcg again or something?
What is the reason for it to take so long to manufacture the next batch? My guess is that they are being prepared atom by atom....

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Fri Jun 15, 2018 14:27

Hi guys,

Pro packs (a.k.a. extenstion kits) were produced for all customers who bought it in May but couldn't get it immediately. We have just finished dispatching. Most of our customers should receive them next week.

Andy wrote:Have Vkb had to redesign the mcg again or something?
What is the reason for it to take so long to manufacture the next batch? My guess is that they are being prepared atom by atom....

Hello Andy,
The manufacturing department has been moving to the new building and that caused a major delay. It is now completed and they are on full speed. Manufacturing is on-going and it goes as it is planned.

We are testing pre-order functionality for VKB EU site and getting to ready to open pre-ordering for rev.A. After that, all other variants will be offered for pre-ordering. The next arrival is planned for August.

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 16:27

It is a good to know that there is coming a pre-order or something. As what I want is
1) make the reservation for purchase to be in a line
2) get notified when the reservation product is ready for payment, like 7 days.
3) pay the product and get confirmation
4) get the shipment status updates/information.

This so as I have reserved the money in cash that it doesn't get accidentally spent for anything else, so when it comes to order, I can just transfer cash to my account and pay the product.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:51

Fri13 wrote:[...]This so as I have reserved the money in cash that it doesn't get accidentally spent for anything else, so when it comes to order, I can just transfer cash to my account and pay the product.
Hello Fri13,
yes, we are currently testing that functionality. If the last tests are passed successfully tomorrow, the pre-ordering will be opened tomorrow as well.
As the result, you should be able to place the order to reserve the item and get notified at the release date to pay the amount. You will not be charged upfront but only when the product is in stock. When your payment is processed it is confirmed automatically and another confirmation is sent when the order is shipped (just like for normal transaction).

orlaag

Postby orlaag » Mon Jun 25, 2018 14:53

any info on the preorder status? I saw the previous update but presume tests didn't go as planned because few days later there is no option that I can see. I know stuff happens that is out of folks control but ask because I'm having to check the forum & store obsessively and if preordering can't be sorted this time due to unforseen issue that is cool it just means I wont have to check back until August (ish).

I just don't want to not visit because it seems to be nothing happening until the stated late summer only to come back in August and find they're all gone because preordering had managed to be implemented after all. Obviously if the tests mean you wont get that feature in place yet that is fine it'd just be good to know. Presume it is technically possible though as I saw US has preorders open now on the mcg but realise there may be some other issue such as time thus my question.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Jun 25, 2018 19:24

Hello orlaag
orlaag wrote:any info on the preorder status? I saw the previous update but presume tests didn't go as planned because few days later there is no option that I can see. I know stuff happens that is out of folks control but ask because I'm having to check the forum & store obsessively and if preordering can't be sorted this time due to unforseen issue that is cool it just means I wont have to check back until August (ish).

We updated the website couple of hours ago and it is now ready for pre-ordering. Initially the testing wasn't smooth. Some components were not compatible but finally we fixed it and the tests are passed.

orlaag wrote:I just don't want to not visit because it seems to be nothing happening until the stated late summer only to come back in August and find they're all gone because preordering had managed to be implemented after all. Obviously if the tests mean you wont get that feature in place yet that is fine it'd just be good to know. Presume it is technically possible though as I saw US has preorders open now on the mcg but realise there may be some other issue such as time thus my question.

I plan to introduce pre-ordering for rev.A grips today or tomorrow and then more items will be added gradually to the store. By the end of the week, all items which are currently being produced and expected in the next cargo should be available for pre-ordering.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”