Brake Lever wobble

Moderator: AdminGroup

kaschberle

Brake Lever wobble

Postby kaschberle » Thu May 17, 2018 0:12

The brake lever on my newly received MCG Pro has wobble to the left and right. Closer inspection revealed that this is due to a small gap (0,5 mm) between the Joystick shell and the Brake lever, allowing it to move left and rightwards, aswell as the lever not sitting all to tight on its (very short) axis. The joystick halves are properly screwed together, there is no gap between them. Wobble causes axis value change of 1000-2000 increments (of 2^16).

It is no big deal, when braking i will anyways press it to the left too (I have to set a deadzone though etc), however I would still like to know if this is normal and if there is anything I can do to mitigate it.

pretagonist

Re: Brake Lever wobble

Postby pretagonist » Thu May 17, 2018 11:43

Doesn't seem normal to me. I just got my MCG Pro and there is no wobble.

tephra

Postby tephra » Sun Jun 03, 2018 16:57

Mine does this as well.. I've had to set the deadzone to about 10% ... You can actually get it to actuate by pushing (very slightly) the lever to the left (or perpendicular to the normal direction of motion).

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:26

kaschberle wrote:The brake lever on my newly received MCG Pro has wobble to the left and right. Closer inspection revealed that this is due to a small gap (0,5 mm) between the Joystick shell and the Brake lever

pretagonist wrote:Doesn't seem normal to me. I just got my MCG Pro and there is no wobble.

tephra wrote:Mine does this as well.. I've had to set the deadzone to about 10% ...

Guys in fact it is normal.
We thought how to reduce friction between the metal trigger and plastic case halves. Normally we would apply a drop of lubricant there, but due to the location (between the halves) the lubricant will soon be pressed out.
So we decided to make it a bit loose.
If it helps, you can increase the dead zone, as @tephra has done.
@pretagonist, as long as you feel comfortable it is fine. the point is that no friction should be felt between trigger itself and the case.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

tephra

Postby tephra » Wed Jun 06, 2018 13:53

Thanks for the response, I am relieving it is normal and not a fault with my particular unit.

Any chance we can get this (the deadzone requirement) fixed in the next release of the grip? :)

Return to “Technical Support”