Moderator: AdminGroup

Andy

Re: Gunfighter MCG is on the way to EU

Postby Andy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 15:09

Who made orlaag judge of all mankind?

orlaag

Postby orlaag » Mon Apr 16, 2018 16:07

Graysson yeah I'm one of them so feel similar to you since I mainly fly modern stuff in DCS in VR so missing the extra controls on my hotas hurts a lot. I bought at the time when MCG was estimated for October iirc but I knew it wouldn't be a surprise if the date moved and that these things happen and would rather have product done well than rushed, it was the lack of updates that I found tougher. Knowing what I know now I'd probably still have waited if I am honest, not ideal but still GF base along with many buttons and amalog ministicks for me is worth the extra wait but ymmv I suppose.

As for the judging thing my point was the opposite, I'm not as one I included myself and two I totally get why people feel that way thus not judgement. That doesn't mean some of the over emotional reactions are right though does it? Reason I challenge it is things get silly otherwise and it messes up communities. If you're a DCS guy no doubt you saw how silly it gets when unchecked with the CE announcement being discussed on unofficial places esp r/hoggit. I've not seen it in peripheral land but have elsewhere when teams just throw in the towel rather than deal with the crap it brings and it'd be a shame if VKB cut down community ties and being open to suggestions/listening or moved into commercial only niche.

graysson

Postby graysson » Mon Apr 16, 2018 16:38

It looks like VKB is losing the race towards the opening of the new european website. The competitors rep just said that its all on track and the site will go online this afternoon (dont know which timezone he meant with that).

Eskay

Postby Eskay » Mon Apr 16, 2018 18:33

Until 00:00 it is Monday, so keep calm.

Slims

Postby Slims » Mon Apr 16, 2018 19:33

00.00 AM release !? Bring it !!! :twisted:

Andy

Postby Andy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 19:57

orlaag wrote:Graysson yeah I'm one of them so feel similar to you since I mainly fly modern stuff in DCS in VR so missing the extra controls on my hotas hurts a lot. I bought at the time when MCG was estimated for October iirc but I knew it wouldn't be a surprise if the date moved and that these things happen and would rather have product done well than rushed, it was the lack of updates that I found tougher. Knowing what I know now I'd probably still have waited if I am honest, not ideal but still GF base along with many buttons and amalog ministicks for me is worth the extra wait but ymmv I suppose.

As for the judging thing my point was the opposite, I'm not as one I included myself and two I totally get why people feel that way thus not judgement. That doesn't mean some of the over emotional reactions are right though does it? Reason I challenge it is things get silly otherwise and it messes up communities. If you're a DCS guy no doubt you saw how silly it gets when unchecked with the CE announcement being discussed on unofficial places esp r/hoggit. I've not seen it in peripheral land but have elsewhere when teams just throw in the towel rather than deal with the crap it brings and it'd be a shame if VKB cut down community ties and being open to suggestions/listening or moved into commercial only niche.

I am aware of only one company that have thrown in the towel, due to a bad product, and the product was, and still is awful. In my opinion the company in question deserved what happened, especially due to how they dealt with it on the forums. VKB is a different scenario all together. They have possibly the best flight sticks on the market, (I have a GF Pro RevA myself already). VKB community ties in regard to ordering their products has been really limited, so to fear they may cut off ties is really a non thing.

Credit it where it is due, we have had a lot more information recently, and it is all I need really, information to plan what and when I can buy, which is the information for what a business is in it for.

graysson

Postby graysson » Mon Apr 16, 2018 20:30

The competitor managed to open its european website with only a few hours downtime.
And the prices are quite low...including VAT.
I will even get an additional discount beside the one evryone gets for having already bought a stick from them.

My guess is that VKB will have to come up with some good ideas to keep up.

BeTeK

Postby BeTeK » Mon Apr 16, 2018 20:36

Well it does not matter if the store is not open yet. They have not any products yet so we will not gain anything with the store opening,

Eskay

Postby Eskay » Mon Apr 16, 2018 20:44

graysson wrote:The competitor managed to open its european website with only a few hours downtime.
And the prices are quite low...including VAT.
I will even get an additional discount beside the one evryone gets for having already bought a stick from them.

My guess is that VKB will have to come up with some good ideas to keep up.

you're right, but i think vkb development listens more and the feedback is better (the consumers).

WineCape

Postby WineCape » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:30

Well, I for one ordered the latest Virpil Throttle. Pre-order actually, as it wil only be shipped towards the end of May. Enticing when you give also a 10% discount. Virpil's service in answering my emails are very good, even on their FB page.

I have the feeling, judging from VKB's slipped previous dates, that VKB's throttle, enticing as the rendered pictures might look, is MANY months away from actual delivery. And i'm getting older....

However, I have my heart set on the GF2 + MCG Pro, and hopefully we'll hear soon what the European VKB outlet has to say on ordering and delivering to South Africa.

Just don't make the MCG pro price DOUBLE that what Virpil offers on their top-flite stick. One can stomach some higher VKB prices compared to said competitors prices, but price is still a function of what VKB's Grip offers extra
Last edited by WineCape on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:40, edited 1 time in total.

graysson

Postby graysson » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:32

I thought you wanted to get the site up and running yesterday. Any updates on the progress of the website migration?

Pikas62

Postby Pikas62 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:03

Eduard VKB FSC wrote:Hi guys, just a short update:

We are progressing with the new website further. It will take at least three more days and we are aiming to open the store on Monday when the store functionality is fully tested. The containership with our cargo reached Red Sea and heading Suez. So, the things are rolling.

We will also offer separate MCG grips for Gunfighter Mk.I (rev.A socket). We could sell MCG for Gladiator Pro users as well but the firmware which enables MCG on Gladiator Pro base is not yet released. It is in the testing phase, though.

Warthog adaptor for Gunfighter Mk.II is in the roadmap but there is no concrete dates yet.

Hi Eduard, I have a Gladiator Pro MK.II base and I´m going to order a Gunfighter Pro (MK.II) with an MCG Pro grip (3-pin Rev.B ???).

My question - will my Gladiator base once the firmware is released be compatible with the MCG Pro Grip (3-pin Rev.B ???) ?

badyear

Postby badyear » Tue Apr 17, 2018 13:17

Hopefully today.

Eskay

Postby Eskay » Tue Apr 17, 2018 15:12

uff, I think not, :roll:

Slims

Postby Slims » Tue Apr 17, 2018 20:54

Seems like it. :( It almost looks like they are delaying the launch of the site in order to get the shipment in. It`s been offline for so long.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”