MCG loose base

Moderator: AdminGroup

rwalker

Re: MCG loose base

Postby rwalker » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:56

That's a huge huge shame. For the future, and for the other guys who read this topic:
Never - NEVER!!! - accept even slightly damaged packages.
Any indent on the box, leaving alone holes, is an absolute reason to refuse the parcel.
The damaged box should be photographed, and the claim should be filed at the local DHL hub.

yeah, joystick is not impacted by the damage, just a couple periphery things as I mentioned. The base plate is wobbly but I just put a spacer on one side and it is fine now, so I wasn't planning on trying to do any sort of return. However, DHL (well I assume it was them) obviously tried to cover up the damage as there was brown shipping tape over the holes (and no holes in the tape) on the outer box, I didn't really see the holes until I exposed the joystick box. I don't have the outer DHL box anymore.
Attachments
20180106_204822.jpg
20180106_204750.jpg
20180106_204802.jpg

WWCraven

Postby WWCraven » Thu Jan 18, 2018 23:00

Not funny, but I watched the DHL guy come to deliver my GF MKII trip coming up my stairs AND using the package as first point of contact on the landing. Fortunately no damage, small mushed area on one corner of the package.

My MCG Pro handle for the Gunfighter MKII had the same issue. I took it apart today after finding a freaking screwdriver to fit, followed the instructions above, and tightened the 2 screws which has done the trick, no wobble at all. I also found that the screws were very loose.

sanpats

Postby sanpats » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:28

Got the same issue. Tighten the screws fixed it. I heard a report that the screws may come loose again after a while, can anyone confirm?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:16

sanpats wrote:Got the same issue. Tighten the screws fixed it. I heard a report that the screws may come loose again after a while, can anyone confirm?
Every screw may come lose after a while.
A drop of loctite or a split washer would help.
We do not loctite the screws because we presume many users might want to play with their joysticks and possibly unscrew many joints in course of getting used to their devices. You can do it no problem.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

sanpats

Postby sanpats » Thu Feb 08, 2018 23:32

Will loctite those two screws affect the possibility to install the twist adaptor in the future?

I imagine Loctite the stick screws may also possible to 'screw' your chance of getting the stick fixed in the future in case of loose wire etc.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:36

Better to use a spring washer
DIN127, M3 size
cbcd372db6ccef1375ccf9c3ac08a88f.jpg
cbcd372db6ccef1375ccf9c3ac08a88f.jpg (9.76 KiB) Viewed 7648 times

marcusstratus

Postby marcusstratus » Sat Feb 10, 2018 18:05

I used locktite on mine because I have no intention of installing twist adapter on my right grip. The locktite, while holding the threads tight, may make it... very difficult to remove again

StandingCow

Postby StandingCow » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:43

If you are going to use locktite instead of the washers make sure it is blue or even better.. purple type.

Outlaw24

Postby Outlaw24 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 17:19

I also experienced the same problem followed the provided instructions, now everything is tight and working great. Thinking about re-doing this procedure and using some purple Locktite or the M3 spring washer to prevent another recurrence.

Spoon

Postby Spoon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:52

Hi,
I'm having the same issue.
I am trying to follow steps oultined by Aerogator, but I can't separate the right half of the shell. I think there is a screw that I haven't been able to remove.
Is there a screw in this location? (right above the GATE CONT label) I can't see down this hole. I ordered a screwdriver just for this and the shaft is not long enough.

I have seven screws out. I am afraid to apply any pressure because I feel like the plastic will snap.

Thanks

PhoenixCNE

Postby PhoenixCNE » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:51

Yes there is a screw down in there.

Spoon

Postby Spoon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:36

OK Thanks PhoenixCNE

sanpats

Postby sanpats » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:55

I had to buy a new screw driver for that one as well. It resides quite deep.

JLX

Postby JLX » Fri May 04, 2018 17:44

I know this is an old thread. But I thought I'd quickly add my 2¢ and mention that my stick (one of the early MCGs) had exactly the same issue.

Of the 2 screws that hold the metal base in place, one had completely fallen out and was rattling around inside the stick. The other was about 1/2 way loose. Needless to say, the metal base wiggled around quite a bit and did not give that tight and precise feeling one would expect of a stick of this calibre.

However, the instructions given by AeroGator in this thread worked very well and the stick is very tight again. One point I might add that wasn't obvious to me at first is that the screws holding the right cover plate you need to remove are on BOTH sides of the stick. At first I just removed the screws on the right hand side of the stick thinking this might be sufficient to take just the right cover off - it is not. You need to take out all the small screws holding both sides of the stick together.

I have not gone out an purchased locking/spring washers and so expect that this may be an issue again in the future. But at least there is a way to fix the problem without having to return the stick for replacement/servicing. It does require a set of very small and long screw drivers so if you don't have those, you'll need to grab some. I got my set for just a few bucks from a dollar store.

FWIW, I was VERY careful not to overtighten any of the screws and did not run into any of the broken screw or cracked plastic mounting problems that others have had - although it sounds like they were being very careful too. So far, so good :-)

Anyway, just wanted to add my feedback for any who might stumble across this thread in future. Cheers.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Sat May 05, 2018 10:16

Thanks for your feedback.

Return to “Technical Support”