Help! Cam rubbing against screw

Moderator: AdminGroup

Murrdox

Help! Cam rubbing against screw

Postby Murrdox » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:24

Need some help. I switched out the cam and springs on my Gunfighter 2 for the first time. Something has gone awry, and I am not sure what I did wrong here. I was very careful to reassemble the gimbal. What is happening is that when the X-axis is turned, it rubs against the bolt from the Y axis. I've taken it apart and reassembled the whole thing 3 times now, and I can't determine what I've done wrong. Please assist. I've provided some pictures, hopefully someone can give me some guidance. At first I thought I'd put the washers on in the wrong order somehow, but I've switched them around and it's still not working correctly.

Thanks for any help! I've spent all afternoon fiddling with it at this point! In the first picture if you click on it I've drawn an arrow of the pieces that are hitting each other when the X-Axis moves. You can see it circled in the next two pictures.

Bad Gimbal 3.jpg

Bad Gimbal 2.jpg

Bad Gimbal 1.jpg

Drano

Re: Help! Cam rubbing against screw

Postby Drano » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:46

Looks like you have 2 spacers (washers) behind the cam on the inner side. It's not lining up by about that much if I had to guess. Move one of them to the outer side of the cam behind the screw head and see if that doesn't line it back up.

Disclaimer! I haven't taken mine apart yet. Just looking at it with a mechanic's eye.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

Murrdox

Postby Murrdox » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:26

I've actually done that... that was how I set it the first time. I had the washer on the outside, the spring washer on the inside. The problem was actually WORSE with that setup.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:52

You can do as in the picture, flip the bolt. And distribute the washers so that the bearing is in the center of the cam, without any displacement. Next time, it's better to take a photo of the knot before disassembling.

8.jpg

Murrdox

Postby Murrdox » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:47

Dammit! I should have been able to figure that out! Thank you for posting the picture. I feel very dumb now.

Return to “Technical Support”