Questions and Answers

Moderator: AdminGroup

AeroGator

Re: Questions and Answers

Postby AeroGator » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:24

PangolinWranglin wrote:does the non pro Gladiator MkII have a twist lock? I can't find anything say it does or doesn't

No comment on the first part - at least, for now.
Twist can be locked with a sharp pointed screw.
If you remove the hand support, you will see a hole in the handle. Use a screw to lock the twist. Make sure it is not too long and/or too thick, otherwise you can damage the cable inside the handle.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 17:43

This place (see in Ravcore Javelin - OEM version of Gladiator):

Use short screw, just to press against the pole (axis tube) and avoid "screw" pole internal wires. :)

I guess that ideally is a self tap screw with flat head.

flashben

Postby flashben » Mon Dec 11, 2017 0:18

Hi there,

I was wondering what VKB is planning with the Bus port on the Black box, is it only going to be planned for the enhanced control panel.
Or more extensions(like a pcb with headers on it so the user can configure his own panel)?

hon0

Postby hon0 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 15:22

Hello there.

Is there any plan to add/remplace analog Mini-Stick with "linear transducer switch" - "Force sensor stick" - "Isometric joystick" in the future?

http://electromechanicalcomponents.guar ... /item-1003

https://www.otto-controls.com/products/ ... ucerswitch

Those thing would provide more range than a classic displacement Mini-Stick, and so more accuracy.

MCG PRO + :mrgreen:
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Tue Dec 19, 2017 15:32

Do you know a price for the force sensor stick? About 1000USD.

DHRF

Postby DHRF » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:28

on the left side, in the middle a trackball ball!!!!!!!
Attachments
njmABVjtr.jpg

RedVonHammer

Postby RedVonHammer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 18:48

New member here!

I did email around before I registered to merely humbly ask:
What are, concretely, the options for those who live in European countries that are not part of the European Union?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:13

RedVonHammer wrote:What are, concretely, the options for those who live in European countries that are not part of the European Union?

I should perhaps ask, What is it, concretely, that you mean by "options"?
I presume that is about "buying options", which are as follows:
1 - buy from VKB EU
2 - buy from VKB NA
3 - buy from VKB Global

1 - You save on shipment cost and time, and in case your country does not tax or vat internet purchases you will not be charged anything over "cost of goods + cost of delivery". If you are to be taxed, you will have to handle it yourself. You also get repair/support base that is nearer and better/faster accessible, as they are in your time zone. However, when the product you want to buy is new in the market, it takes longer time to see it in EU than in NA. Normally, a month or two longer. If you are in a hurry, then try 2 or 3.
2 - You sometimes save time, when VKB dealer in NA has stock, and VKB Global doesn't. However, you usually pay more for delivery, and will still have to handle tax/vat/whatever clearance yourself.
3 - If the only place where the product is in stock is VKB HQ, you would naturally want to buy from there. Same as 2, your shipment fee will be higher, and you will take care of the customs formalities.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

RedVonHammer

Postby RedVonHammer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 13:11

If my country had been a European Union member then yes that`be 10-4 affirmative, but you see, the only difference between me paying VAT or not, is that I pay 1/4th more and still have to declare contents, pay import taxes and clearances when the package reaches my country.
I`ve tried ordering from VKB NA when they had Rev.B Gunfighters (KG12 grips) in stock recently but got a big ole`denied because my country was unavailable in the shipping options?
I also tried emailing Rayner asking if he could ship internationally, and also emailed and asked Eduar on the matter, then as discussion progressed, if he could ship without adding VAT etc (since my country doesnt use VAT), but so far no answer from both of them on either question.
That said I know I want a Gunfighter badly, and I`m no super-pro virtual pilot, so obviously I know these are highly desired products, Rayner and Eduard are both very very busy, to say the least!

Didnt want to bring it up but Eduard is a bit slower on getting products in as well, compared to NA/RU/AS, which I`m sure is more than likely due to EU rules, laws and regulations.
So yes, getting the product faster, when there are already months of waiting time (not Eduard`s fault), is certainly a factor.

That`s explicitly more the reasons and circumstances why I decided to ask here instead about options for people like me (and, well, me :lol: ) rather than busying Ed and Rayner, seeing how busy they are.

Again, I`m not against VKB Europe or anything, Eduard is doing his best to cater to EU customers and that complicated market, of course I have nothing against that, in fact I applaud the man!

Edit: Added more info.

Auditor

Postby Auditor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:57

Hello, another new member here.

I had a question about supply. The website says that the Gunfighter MK2 MCG will be available after January 15th, and isn't even up for preorder yet; claiming that it is out of stock.
On the other hand, the Gunfighter MK2 base and the MCG Pro grip are available separately for pre-order, and do not seem to be out of stock.

Is there any difference in preordering the base and the grip separately compared to buying the whole kit? Will I be able to buy the Gunfighter MK2 MCG kit after January 15th, or is stock of the full kit completely out at this point and preorders are closed?

Thanks.

RedVonHammer

Postby RedVonHammer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:03

I`ll be specifying my question to cover all bases.
Been waiting for reply from Rayner on shipping but nothing so far.
Is there a way to add shipping outside the listed countries in the store or is it a case by case thing that has to be reviewed per email?

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:41

RedVonHammer wrote:Is there a way to add shipping outside the listed countries
Send an email to sales_en@vkb-sim.pro

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:36

Auditor wrote:I had a question about supply
Hardly possible to answer anything as we don't even know which county you are in.
Auditor wrote:Is there any difference in preordering the base and the grip separately compared to buying the whole kit?
Yes there is although not big; it is all about firmware-related things.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Auditor

Postby Auditor » Wed Jan 10, 2018 18:42

My mistake, I'm in the eastern U.S. Will I have to worry about supply issues?

Also, are these firmware differences rectifiable on my own?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:05

Auditor wrote:I'm in the eastern U.S. Will I have to worry about supply issues?
Also, are these firmware differences rectifiable on my own?

1 - I don't think there is any problem with your location; please in case of doubt contact your dealer (user rrohde at this forum)
2 - no, absolutely no (but it's not a long time to wait, anyway)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “General discussions”