Relative Axis Mode - Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) Hat Switch

Moderator: AdminGroup

rrohde

Relative Axis Mode - Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) Hat Switch

Postby rrohde » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:40

Hi guys,

VKB introduced relative axes to the MCG's Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat. Relative axes are analog axes whose position stays where they are when you let go of the hat switch - even though the hat switch itself returns to center. Compare that to you standard analog axes that will return to center along with the physical hat switch when you let go of it (you can observe the behavior of these analog axes within the VKB JoyTester or the VKBdevCfg app).

The Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat switch can toggle between POV mode and Analog mode by pressing on it.

To assign these relative analog axes to your simulation of choice, do the following using the Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat:

1) Enter "axes" mode by long press on the Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat switch
2) Center the axes by short press on the Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat switch
3) Within your simulation of choice, get ready to assign your analog axes
4) To assign the horizontal axis, move the Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat left/right for a few seconds until detected in the sim (relative mode takes longer compared to normal axes to reach the far end)
5) To assign the vertical axis, move the Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat up/down for a few seconds until detected in the sim (relative mode takes longer compared to normal axes to reach the far end)

Done.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

philip.manhart

Re: Relative Axis Mode - Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) Hat Switch

Postby philip.manhart » Sun Jul 08, 2018 16:44

How would this be used? I'm curious on how to get the most out of my MCG Pro.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sun Jul 08, 2018 17:05

Please read this User Guide https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ojzm-lJM4BlPHnGRqSdAdqRsSr2yOsIo.
Section 3.4 Relative axes.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

philip.manhart

Postby philip.manhart » Sun Jul 08, 2018 18:24

Thanks Victorus!

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Tue Sep 25, 2018 18:00

rrohde wrote:The Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat switch can toggle between POV mode and Analog mode by pressing on it.

When I switch to POV mode, the Axis continue to function. How do I stop the Axis when I am in POV mode?

I have the Axis setup as my Target cursor in the DCS A10c, and also have the POV setup for the A10c Coolie Hat. It all works fine, except when I am in POV mode, my Target cursor is moving because the Axis are still enabled..

If I am in POV mode, then only POV should function.
If I am in Axis mode, then only Axis should function.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Wed Sep 26, 2018 21:45

It's a relative or accumulative axis. You may have to reset it to zeros on both axes (short center press) before switching modes to POV...?
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Thu Sep 27, 2018 15:56

I don't need to reset it.
I need to disable both axis when it's in POV mode. I don't understand why the axis are functioning in POV mode??? :shock: :?

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:33

Just to clarify because I may be misunderstanding, have you played with the two modes in the VKB config SW? See how they function without assignment yet in a game.

In POV mode you get the 8 button press positions, and a typical momentary CENTER press does nothing.

A long press of center switches to axis mode. There, you only see axis values changing while deflecting (amount of deflection alters the rate of accumulation)... letting it spring to center leaves the axis values fixed wherever they were last...it does *not* auto-zero them. A short center press in axis mode zeros them.

That's why I was wondering if you might be going back to POV mode without zeroing so the last commanded axis values were still slewing something. I use those axes for a "head look" function. I can switch to POV with my "head" still turned...or not...depending on whether I choose to short press before the long press for toggling. This is in Elite, and I think I also had to pick something in the game bindings file so the game understood the relative mode as well. I don't know DCS so can't offer advice there, but the "leave my head turned" (not still turning, just already turned) sounds like what you want...cursor already in place not still moving, but not cancelled to center.

Does DCS offer options for axis besides just which control to bind to?
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Sat Sep 29, 2018 19:17

I have the Master Mode axis set as Absolute Axis so it recenters. I want to use it as my TDC (Target Designator Cursor) in DCS. And I also want to swich over and use the POV buttons. Why waste 4 buttons in these complicated sims? I want to use every button I have!

Yes, DCS can see both the Master Mode's 2 Axis and also the POV hat buttons. So, you could use them all... if they worked independently. But the Axis continues to move when you are in POV mode! That screws it all up. :oops:

See my video here..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HoVzbWKb2g

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:08

Just curious, and please note I do not at all work for VKB, I'm just a customer like yourself. So if my post seems ...grumpy?... please don't blame VKB.

But do you think maybe TELLING THE PEOPLE YOU ARE ASKING FOR HELP THAT YOU'VE ALTERED SETTINGS WHEN YOU FIRST ASK THE QUESTION might, just perhaps, assist in you getting pertinent help??

Just a suggestion. Out of the box, relative axis mode and POV mode do not cross at all - while the relative axis can be left with a non-zero value, moving the POV does not continue to alter that value. So I'd suspect that a) you didn't make the absolute axis change 100% right, or b) you still need to find some sort of setting in the game being bound to do what you want (video makes (b) unlikely...the error is in the data being sent, no game setting will be able to help that).

You need to show images of the VKB SW setup changes you've made pertinent to this control for anyone to have ANY possibility of assisting you. The video clearly shows the problem - but that doesn't exist at all in the out-of-the-box config. So it's something in the way you've gone away from relative mode.

EDIT - for what it's worth, what your showing is very very weird and definitely not proper behavior - no way the game can make up for it, and no way it's intended. But logically it must have something to do with programming changes you've made to your configuration. So grumpiness aside, help people to help you with the info of what you did! :mrgreen:

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Mon Oct 01, 2018 19:52

Your point is valid. I should have noted that the only thing that I changed was the Profile/Axes; Logical Axes; 3&4 mode from Abs to Rel.

Thanks for your replies. I was hoping it was some setting that I could just change. I think I will have to put in a support ticket. And I'm afraid if it's a driver bug that I will have to wait for 6 months for it to be fixed... :roll:

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:49

Snacko wrote:if it's a driver bug that I will have to wait for 6 months for it to be fixed... :roll:

I hope it won't be so long. We release FW updates pretty often (some say, too often), so if there is a known bug, and it is not specific to the user's individual computer (which is rare but still possible, hello Asus users!) - chances are we will bite it out pretty fast.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:23

Snacko wrote:Your point is valid. I should have noted that the only thing that I changed was the Profile/Axes; Logical Axes; 3&4 mode from Abs to Rel.

Thanks for your replies. I was hoping it was some setting that I could just change. I think I will have to put in a support ticket. And I'm afraid if it's a driver bug that I will have to wait for 6 months for it to be fixed... :roll:

Thanks for the good attitude, I was worried I was being a little too harsh. Definitely does sound like you've expose something that shouldn't be happening.

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Tue Oct 02, 2018 18:18

No problem. I was getting a bit frustrated as well because I posted here, and then put in a support ticket and was told tickets were only for 'hardware' not software issues. Then I was directed to post in the Tech support forum, only to have someone hijack my thread.. :?

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Tue Oct 02, 2018 18:27

AeroGator wrote:
Snacko wrote:if it's a driver bug that I will have to wait for 6 months for it to be fixed... :roll:

I hope it won't be so long. We release FW updates pretty often (some say, too often), so if there is a known bug, and it is not specific to the user's individual computer (which is rare but still possible, hello Asus users!) - chances are we will bite it out pretty fast.

Thanks. That is good to know. I just know the last software & firmware updates were in July.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”