Questions and Answers

Moderator: AdminGroup

rrohde

Re: Questions and Answers

Postby rrohde » Wed May 24, 2017 4:02

RangerXML wrote:I just ordered a VKB Rudder Pedal MK IV how do I configure these with the Gunfighter? How does the virtual toe break work?

Also, on the T-Rudders store page download section there are some useful guides as well: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-t-rudders-mk-iv
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

RangerXML

Postby RangerXML » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:25

Are there some guides how to program the combo? I set up the Rudder and Gunfighter, but the pink button doesn't seem to do anything, I'd rather like to re-enable it to use it for a TeamSpeak button, but where do I find the profiles, or how do I write them?

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:18

What version of the Blackbox firmware?

RangerXML

Postby RangerXML » Mon Jun 05, 2017 23:10

VKBsim Black Box GF v1.852 PRO

VKB Device Config v0.80.89 (NJoy32 firmware v1.86+)

I have the Gunfighter and T-Rudders Mk IV plugged in and I'm trying to just get the Gunfighter to work how it did when I got it with the pinky button being just a button, but still keep functionality of the pedals. How do I program it?

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Jun 06, 2017 14:28

Based on the functionality of the BlackBox profile providing "virtual toe brakes", the pinky switch is automatically assigned to be the brake button. So when you hold the pinky, and then depress either the left or the right rudder pedal, you have your differential braking working correctly.

If you would like the pinky to be a shift button, then the virtual brake functionality is not available, as it relies on the pinky button for the brake.
VKB North America

RangerXML

Postby RangerXML » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:23

I'm fine with that, I'm not using the virtual toe break, and I'm not using the second set of keys since most functions are mapped to my left hand, but I would like to have the use of the pinkie button again because right now its not doing anything, not shifting functionality or toe break and the game seems to recognize it as ROTZ axis when I press it. Until I can get something more functional like the MCG on there I'll stick to how it was working best.

TOGSolid

Postby TOGSolid » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:23

With the discontinuation of the Gunfighter Base, will future sticks have the option of being sold with a base or will we have to keep buying complete Gunfighters and ending up with a collection of KG-12 sticks we'll never use? I'm sure there will be plenty of people who are primarily interested in the MCG and don't need a KG-12 and similarly I'd bet most people ordering the space sim stick won't want a KG-12 they can't even use for their left hand. Especially since we'd be paying more for a complete Gunfighter just to toss the KG-12 grip in storage or whatever.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:19

I can see your point - and, since the KG12 grip is currently the only grip available for VKB to sell with their bases to offer complete, workable controllers, I believe that once the MCG comes out, there will be options to buy the Gladiator Pro or the Gunfighter with either KG12 or MCG, based on a users preference. Until then, the KG12 is the de facto standard for all current VKB sticks.
VKB North America

IL2windhawk

Postby IL2windhawk » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:00

Is there such a thing as a 5-pin VKB stick extension?

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:59

Out of stock, but within 2 weeks we plan to produce a small batch.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:28

IL2windhawk wrote:Is there such a thing as a 5-pin VKB stick extension?

... they were used for the VKB Mamba Mk.III and Vintage Mamba. :)
VKB North America

IL2windhawk

Postby IL2windhawk » Wed Jun 21, 2017 23:04

That's great news. I could use one.

How will I make the purchase in 2 weeks? I already bought an extension kit, but that sku # ordered a 3-pin extension to me. Will there be a new store item to buy? Or do I need to request a special order by email, etc..?

P.S. I still want to keep my 3-pin extension that I ordered. Not concerned about trying to return it or anything like that

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Jun 22, 2017 0:49

Hmm, that I don't know yet. I believe it will be a rather limited production run for the 5-pin version, and I will have to ask UIV how he wants to handle that. I will find out for sure and get back with you (if I seem to take too long, please ping me at northamerica@vkb-sim.pro - just in case!) ;)
VKB North America

Drathanos

Postby Drathanos » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:36

So I was looking at the MCG Pro page and saw the status changed to "Currently in Production".
Do you already have an estimate on the demand for each MCG variant to know how many to make or will there be a poll or something soon to gauge interest for each?

I personally want to get the Pro version and but am worried about them selling out before I get the chance to order one and then having to wait another month for the next chance.

zenmonkey

Postby zenmonkey » Fri Jun 30, 2017 18:56

@rrohde thanks for the update on teh MCG production schedule. I was wondering if the MCG developent is still running concurrently with twist adaptor, or if there is a chance we may see it earlier.

Thanks

Return to “General discussions”