Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

Moderator: AdminGroup

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:40

Newsflash: VKB is listening, and after some back and forth with Ilya he agrees now to include that pinky switch that we all (including me) want for the MCG.

Due to the design of the MCG, it might have to move up and to the side, but you will get that extra button on the grip!

Also, the 2-way switch on the right side of the MCG head for your index finger will be redesigned as 4-way switch!

Stay tuned for some updated renders soon (tm)!

(Shenzhen, PRC / Norman, Oklahoma USA / Utrecht, The Netherlands) - March 16, 2017

VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

VKB is proud to announce the production launch of the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG).

This controller was developed by AVIAAVTOMATIKA in Russia for Sukhoi’s modernized ‘Flanker’ series of fighter jets, as well as their 5th generation prototypes. VKB engineers adapted the ergonomics of the real ‘Flanker’ grip for the use in flight simulations with only minimal design changes.

The VKB-Sim Modern Combat Grip (MCG) is compatible with the following controllers:

- VKB-Sim Black/Fat Mamba Mk.II/Mk.III
- VKB-Sim Vintage Mamba
- VKB-Sim Gladiator Pro Mk.I/Mk.II
- VKB-Sim Gunfighter
- Thrustmaster® Cougar™ * **
- Thrustmaster® Warthog™ * **

* To ensure compatibility with the Thrustmaster® controller base, the MCG’s axes controls (ministicks/brake axis) will function as hat switch/buttons only
** Via adapter, sold separately

MCG Grip Characteristics:

- Made from ABS plastic (injection molding)
- “OMRON" Buttons
- Contactless Ministicks (analog or digital) for Slew Control w/ integrated Push Button
- Trigger #1: Dual Stage Trigger
- Trigger #2: Metal Trigger
- Metal Wheel Brake Lever with Contactless MaRS Sensor
- Adjustable Palm Rest
- Quick Release Fastening
- External Twist Adapter (currently under development)

VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG) Production Status:

- The development phase has been completed
- The production run of the injection molds is slated for April 2017
- We’re aiming to start shipping towards the end of May, beginning of June, 2017

Price:

MSRP $99 (plus shipping and tax (where applicable))

For more information, please contact:
NorthAmerica@VKB-Sim.pro
http://www.VKBcontrollers.com

Or
VKB@flightsimcontrols.com
http://www.FlightSimControls.com

Goloith

Re: Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

Postby Goloith » Thu Mar 16, 2017 20:24

This is awesome! Any news on the left-handed space sim grip?

Macross

Postby Macross » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52

My feelings right now as above.
When preorder may be starting?
Propably have to get both, this and space sim later..
That external twist is interesting allso, some kinda extra piece that will be placed between base and stick?
Last edited by Macross on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56, edited 2 times in total.

hon0

Postby hon0 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:25

Congratulation!

I have some questions.

- There are two ministicks, can we use both of them as proportional ministick as the same time or does one have to be a hat while the other can be a ministick? Due to Windows direct X limitation or something like that, I don't remember exctly.

- The button called "4-buttons" is it really a hat? Cause the finger "print" on it make it look like a two side button.

- And finally what is the secondary, metal trigger usually used for In Real Life? Like in the Ka-50? If so can it be folded up, and if so does the fold up position is recognised as a button, to activate safety?

All in all congratulation for this Grip, it's 50€ less expensive than the Virpil one, and offer more feature long awaited like ministick AT THE CORRECT SPOT! (not like x56..).

PS: I love ABS plastic, mat color 8)
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

neok23

Postby neok23 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 16:59

This is awesome news!! Will the twist adapter only work with the MCG? I am planing buying a warthog adapter and use the twist with my warthog grip. Will that work?
Thanks!

Wyrm

Postby Wyrm » Fri Mar 17, 2017 17:56

That's a great news! Finally a proper grip for a space sims!

Just recently my old Cobra M5 got broken (one of the springs). And on decision in between new Cobra or Gladiator - i still just bought new Cobra. Number of buttons on Gladiator/Gunfighter grip is just "no go" for space sims. At very least for Elite right now, and likely for SC as well (when it hits full beta)

Wyrm

Postby Wyrm » Fri Mar 17, 2017 18:32

I must say i like that break lever.
As much as i need strafe forward/backward analog axis, doing it on off-hand (left hand for me that is) joystick is both somewhat uncomfortable and have some issues with "accuracy".
That is i am using twist on my t.16000m right now for strafe(thrust) forward/backward in Elite. I can of course make it so Y-axis instead will be used for that (some twitch streamers actually do that), but then i still will need strafe(thrust) up/down as well, meaning i will have to use twist for that. More importantly i usually use strafe backward and strafe up/down at the same time in Elite, for most effective combat maneuvering. And even though that's doable, i have to say that twisting grip and pulling it down/up at the same time with left hand still quite uncomfortable, and not very accurate. (using all 3 axis at the same time with right hand joystick, Cobra M5 that is right now for me, doesn't occur any issues, nor in level of comfort, or accuracy).
Would be most amazing of course having two break lever on both grips. But even one already might be very helpful. At least in Elite i actualy use only strafe backward, and never strafe forward. Thus single lever might be more than enough for me in that game.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri Mar 17, 2017 20:02

neok23 wrote:This is awesome news!! Will the twist adapter only work with the MCG? I am planing buying a warthog adapter and use the twist with my warthog grip. Will that work?
Thanks!

Good question. Let me find out. But I assume that this twist adapter is geared only for the MCG.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri Mar 17, 2017 20:04

hon0 wrote:Congratulation!

I have some questions.

- There are two ministicks, can we use both of them as proportional ministick as the same time or does one have to be a hat while the other can be a ministick? Due to Windows direct X limitation or something like that, I don't remember exctly.

- The button called "4-buttons" is it really a hat? Cause the finger "print" on it make it look like a two side button.

- And finally what is the secondary, metal trigger usually used for In Real Life? Like in the Ka-50? If so can it be folded up, and if so does the fold up position is recognised as a button, to activate safety?

I will ask VKB HQ to get you the correct answers on these! Stay tuned! :)
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri Mar 17, 2017 20:06

hon0 wrote:All in all congratulation for this Grip, it's 50€ less expensive than the Virpil one, and offer more feature long awaited like ministick AT THE CORRECT SPOT! (not like x56..).

PS: I love ABS plastic, mat color 8)

Thank you! I believe that VKB has really landed an awesome grip here that everyone will love! :)
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri Mar 17, 2017 20:09

Goloith wrote:This is awesome! Any news on the left-handed space sim grip?

It's in development, and we will get some news out after the Gunfighters ship. :)
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri Mar 17, 2017 20:10

Macross wrote:My feelings right now as above.
When preorder may be starting?
Propably have to get both, this and space sim later..
That external twist is interesting allso, some kinda extra piece that will be placed between base and stick?

Preordering tentatively slated for April 30, 2017.

The external twist adapter will indeed go between the controller's base and the grip. More details later when I get more news from VKB HQ.
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri Mar 17, 2017 20:17

Newsflash: VKB is listening, and after some back and forth with Ilya he agrees now to include that pinky switch that we all (including me) want for the MCG.
Due to the design of the MCG, it might have to move up and to the side, but you will get that extra button on the grip!
Also, the 2-way switch on the right side of the MCG head for your index finger will be redesigned as 4-way switch!

Stay tuned for some updated renders soon (tm)!
VKB North America

Wyrm

Postby Wyrm » Fri Mar 17, 2017 20:55

rrohde wrote:
neok23 wrote:This is awesome news!! Will the twist adapter only work with the MCG? I am planing buying a warthog adapter and use the twist with my warthog grip. Will that work?
Thanks!

Good question. Let me find out. But I assume that this twist adapter is geared only for the MCG.

Huh, good question indeed. Would it be possible to have warthogs with twist? :)
Even those who still would prefer warthog over VKB sticks might love that option for space sims :)

DawnWing

Postby DawnWing » Sat Mar 18, 2017 15:27

so next hoping product is two grip throttle...

Return to “Official announcements”