Can the Gladiator Pro take the same extensions as the Gunfighter Pro?

Moderator: AdminGroup

blazing

Can the Gladiator Pro take the same extensions as the Gunfighter Pro?

Postby blazing » Mon Aug 29, 2016 22:43

Hi There,

I am anxiously waiting for the Gunfighter Pro to release. However here on the forum I read that the Gladiator Pro can take other Grips and extensions.

Does that mean that I can turn the Gladiator Pro into a (pastic) Gunfighter Pro? That is, give it the same extension and then it is more or less identical? Because if so that would be great, I could use the extra buttons on the Gladiator Pro base.

Also when will the extensions be available and what are they supposed to cost? Will the Gunfighter Pro be much more expensive than the Gladiator Pro?

Eduard VKB FSC

Re: Can the Gladiator Pro take the same extensions as the Gunfighter Pro?

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:28

blazing wrote:here on the forum I read that the Gladiator Pro can take other Grips and extensions. Does that mean that I can turn the Gladiator Pro into a (pastic) Gunfighter Pro? That is, give it the same extension and then it is more or less identical? Because if so that would be great, I could use the extra buttons on the Gladiator Pro base.

Hello blazing,

Well, not exactly. Gunfighter will have a modified enforced gimbal which does not fit in Gladiator base.

It is possible to install an extension and mount Warthog grip but, first of all, be aware that the plastic base is not designed for increased forces applied via extended grip. Secondly, you will not be able use extra buttons properly if Gladiator Pro with extension is mounted low.

There are plans to produce an external switch panel with number of controls which will be connected to Black box. So the full set should look like Gunfighter (or Gladiator) stick, T-Rudder pedals, switches/encoders/buttons panel, VKB Throttle unit (don't know the name yet) all connected to the Black box and presented to the OS as one or two (if needed) USB devices.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

blazing

Postby blazing » Wed Aug 31, 2016 18:42

Thank you very kindly for your detailed answer!

I do not mind that the buttons are hard to reach if the Gladiator Pro is mounted low - I think in some cases it is even more 'immersive' (like, if you use the throttle wheel as elevator trim it's exactly as in the sailplanes I have flown).

But I completely forgot indeed that the Gladiator Pro is made from plastic and that a very large stick might damage it.

I will buy the Gunfighter Pro then, and whatever panel you come up with that looks good.

Kunz

Postby Kunz » Wed Aug 31, 2016 22:12

That VKB throttle needs to be a modern one. Essentially something similar to the X-55 throttle. It needs two rotaries (minimum), a few four-way hats, a slider. Please, I want something better quality than the X-55 throttle.

harf4ng

Postby harf4ng » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:29

Would like a throttle the quality of the warthog one at least, with more rotaries ;)
Something with the build quality of the warthog, and the functionalities of the X55 throttle. With also two and three ways switches.

Also what we really need is a script engine like TARGET but I doubt there will be one. Would be great to be able to program VKB products the way we do with thrustmaster ones, the possibilities of TARGET software are amazing...

In fact I would love to have a dual stick setup with two gunfighter pro (but will need a left handed grip) and a VKB throttle with a script engine ;)

david_wi

Postby david_wi » Mon Oct 24, 2016 13:18

Yep, I totally agree that the software from VKB is hard to understand and has no documentation what so ever. :idea:

harf4ng

Postby harf4ng » Mon Oct 24, 2016 13:27

But is this software as powerful as TARGET? Can we do the same kind of things with it?
As if this is just a documentation issue, this can be easily fixed I think...

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 16:39

Basically you can do most almost same things in VKB device config (and perhaps some different) and don't need a hungry memory NET Framework (& BSOD) based software running in games background. :wink:

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri Dec 30, 2016 22:32

Sokol1 wrote:Basically you can do most almost same things in VKB device config (and perhaps some different) and don't need a hungry memory NET Framework (& BSOD) based software running in games background. :wink:

Well said, Sokol. It's nice that all the config data is stored on the device itself.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”