when new stock for gunfighter mk4 ultimate

Moderator: AdminGroup

Train2001

when new stock for gunfighter mk4 ultimate

Postby Train2001 » Mon May 27, 2024 11:28

Just a question and maybe you guys can help me. i am looking for a gunfighter mk4 ultimate but its been a while when it was in stock. i know a new shipment is coming today (if i am right) but are there also gunfighter mk4's in there? if not when will a new shipment come with gunfighter mk4 ultimate's?

iMik

Re: when new stock for gunfighter mk4 ultimate

Postby iMik » Mon May 27, 2024 21:39

This is last news for Gunfighter.

April 15, 2024

The next shipment will include more different variants of Gunfighter Mk.IV, including stand-alone base, stand-alone grips (both rev.b and rev.C variants), modules to convert rev.A and rev.B grips into rev.C grips which fits new connector standard. That shipment is expected in the beginning of May.

viewforum.php?f=29

1sascha

Postby 1sascha » Tue May 28, 2024 14:22

iMik wrote:This is last news for Gunfighter.

That shipment is expected in the beginning of May.

As posted by fallout in another thread:
The ETA for the MCGU is mid to end of May.

Since I'm posting this on May 28th and no MCGU-grips are available in the store, it's probably best to adapt a "It'll be in stock when it's in stock"-mindset.

S.

Train2001

Postby Train2001 » Tue May 28, 2024 16:21

that's a bummer... maybe they will add it soon but other wise i will look further. maybe the gunfighter pro and later upgrade it to a ultimate. i like the metal grips so that would be a bummer if i couldn't get it. maybe i need to take a look on other brands like the winwing 16EX stick. thanks for the answer!

iMik

Postby iMik » Thu May 30, 2024 19:39

New update and no news about Gunfighter.

1sascha

Postby 1sascha » Sat Jun 01, 2024 15:16

Train2001 wrote:maybe the gunfighter pro and later upgrade it to a ultimate. i like the metal grips so that would be a bummer if i couldn't get it.

If you *really* want the Ultimate version, I would just wait until that one is in stock. I do own the MCGP and I am eyeing the Ultimate, but I have no idea what to do with my Pro-grip if I should upgrade. Which is kinda, sorta holding me back (even *if* VKB EU had anything in stock at the moment ... :roll: ). Simply because I'd be then sitting on a perfectly fine grip and wouldn't have any use for it - and I don't think I'd be able to sell it on, since none of my flight-sim buddies are using VKB-sticks (yet).

So if you already know you want the metal version, and are willing to pay the premium, I'd go with that one and save a bit of money.

Just my two cents. I should probably also add that I would only consider the Ultimate a "very nice to have"-upgrade, because:

1. The Pro is more or less 100% identical WRT functionality. From what I've heard in reviews, the only real differences are the swappable hat-switch and stronger springs in the brake-lever and flip-trigger on the Ultimate. And perhaps a slightly different feel to the two-stage trigger.
2. ... and it is a great grip in its own right, IMO - I have zero complaints even though it's "only" the plastic variant... :)

maybe i need to take a look on other brands like the winwing 16EX stick. thanks for the answer!

Again: Just my two cents and personal experience here:

Last year, I went to my squad's LAN-party/get-together and took my Mk III MCGP (on its Stronghold-M mount) with me because nobody in the group uses VKB and they wanted to try it out. A buddy of mine who is on a WW Orion 2 HOTAS was so impressed that he said he'd switch to VKB - and even some of the Virpil-"snobs" had to admit that they preferred certain aspects of the GF.

Besides: As frustrating as lack of supply at the VKB EU-store can be, with WW you'll be dealing with a company in China, with all the delays in shipment that this might entail. That WW-buddy of mine bought a new grip for his setup about a year ago and it took well over a month for him to finally receive it - even though it was shipped via FedEx but apparently it got held up in customs for 10 to 14 days or so... :)
With any of the problems I've had with my GF, I simply filled out a support ticket and got contacted by a local rep pretty quickly - plus that rep was always going above and beyond when trying to help me out and they were very quick sending out replacement parts. Not sure the same would happen with WW, simply because they're sitting on the other side of the world.

S.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”