More STECS ACCESSORIES order option

Moderator: AdminGroup

bingbean

More STECS ACCESSORIES order option

Postby bingbean » Wed Oct 25, 2023 20:51

I am interesting about the new STECS throttle, however the standard version is to big for my taste and moun option on my rig. The STECS mini plus version looks perfect for me, but i want one additional detent frame module and one 5-way hat. However there is only option to buy ful kit of Button module (4x 5way hats +1x buttom + 1x3way hat + 3xHat cap) and full kit of detent frames (4xDetent Frames). If i order it all (STECS mini plus + Buttons module upgrade kit + detent frames kit) then it actually cost more as standard version. But as i wrote i don't need full kits. I will by fine with one more 5-way hat for 8 Euros and one more detent frame for 7,25 euros.
Can you please add the option to order accessories piece by piece.
thx

Ainar

Re: More STECS ACCESSORIES order option

Postby Ainar » Tue Oct 31, 2023 16:45

You can try selling what you won't use to offset the increased cost. I'm sure there are owners of mini or mini plus who would buy at least some of it for the same reasons you mentioned.

bingbean

Postby bingbean » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:49

Lets try it.
Is here somebody who will buy some detent or Hat, and will pay the shipping cost?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:31

You can also contact the head office; send an email to sales@vkb-sim.pro and ask for a quote for the extra items. They could add that to your main order.
There are simply too many parts to create more packages than there are already.

SunshadeCat

Postby SunshadeCat » Mon Nov 13, 2023 13:04

"There are simply too many parts to create more packages than there are already."
-- VKB could just add all the parts to the webshop, no need to create infinite combinations of packages.
But i guess answering custom requests have not been too big a nuisance so far and it is maybe not yet worth the time to create webshop entries for the parts.

Ainar

Postby Ainar » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:37

bingbean wrote:Lets try it.
Is here somebody who will buy some detent or Hat, and will pay the shipping cost?

I just got my STECS Mini Plus and would probably like to expand it a little as well. If your custom order doesn't work out I would definitely be interested in splitting the button module (in fact I'm interested in more of it than you so I'm ok with buying it and then selling you the parts you need). Not sure about the detents yet as I need to use the ones that already came with it for a while to see if I need more.

bingbean

Postby bingbean » Fri Nov 17, 2023 16:55

To be honest i did hope i get the STECS on this christmas, but the shipment is delayed to the end of December so i go probably buy Winwing orion instead. It is shame because i like the STECS little bit more, but christmas gift is christmas gift no new years gift.

Ainar

Postby Ainar » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:21

Well, technically the tradition of gift giving around Christmas was first celebrated on the night of 5/6th January as that's when the 3 wise guys were supposed to have arrived with their presents. That's why there's also that song that goes "On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...". Coincidentally it rhymes with "...a throttle from VKB". :D

SunshadeCat

Postby SunshadeCat » Thu Dec 07, 2023 15:20

fallout9 wrote:You can also contact the head office; send an email to sales@vkb-sim.pro and ask for a quote for the extra items. They could add that to your main order.

I did that 3 weeks ago. It got picked up in a few days by a USA support guy who did not seem to be familiar with the idea and forwarded it to the EU support. No response from them since. But in the meantime i did my main order and it arrived too.

Domoninic

Postby Domoninic » Fri Dec 08, 2023 15:15

I contacted VKB Europe and the response was :

VKB Europe wrote:All available accessoires for STECS are listed here:
https://flightsimcontrols.com/product-c ... cessories/
We do not have any other.

So I would say that is a hard no for those of us in the EU.
Last edited by Domoninic on Sun Dec 10, 2023 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

bingbean

Postby bingbean » Sat Dec 09, 2023 17:32

I hope that VKB will reconsider it in the future, otherwise the STECS mini and mini plus do not have much sense. Let's say i am owner of TWCS throttle from Thrustmaster. I do have solid entry level single throttle unit with 18 buttons and 5 axes for 80-90Euro. I decide to upgrade for something else. What i get if i upgrade to STECS mini? Dual throttle unit with 23 buttons, 5-position rotary switch, 7 axis and one detent frame. Actually not a big upgrade for almost triple the price.
For a same price as STECS mini plus a can have Winwing Orion 2 18 Throttle Combo what have much more buttons and axis, mettal grip and more premium look. So if i am happy with one detent plate, then Winwing is a better option. If i want more detent plates and more buttons , then the STECS standard is cheaper option as buy mini or mini plus and all the accessories, what is ridiculous.
So the current prices and the accessories packs have no sense at all. Selling the 5-way hat, 3-way button and cups as a single piece, and same way the detent plates give me much more sense.

jubuttib

Postby jubuttib » Fri Dec 29, 2023 20:25

SunshadeCat wrote:"There are simply too many parts to create more packages than there are already."
-- VKB could just add all the parts to the webshop, no need to create infinite combinations of packages.
But i guess answering custom requests have not been too big a nuisance so far and it is maybe not yet worth the time to create webshop entries for the parts.
I'm not a logistics expert personally, but have worked alongside some, and SKU management is not an effortless thing, suddenly breaking out all of the different packages into individual components is absolutely not a trivial thing to do and maintain in the long term.

bingbean

Postby bingbean » Sat Jan 13, 2024 21:50

O.k. you did won for now. I ordered STECS standard and i am be prepare to modify my simrig to be able to mount such a big throttle on it. Anyway my statement don't change. Made a modular product and then don't let customer modulate it as much as they need and wont is stupid. Force them to buy all paket of upgrade kits is not right. Other thing what i just figure out , is the STECS is actually compatible with NXT stand-alone modules. It looks like a logical things , but i don't found any statement about that on VKB official store pages. I figured it out only because some guys share this information on DCS forum. He use STECS standard plus on NXT MFH has NXT SEM. Everything work without needed NXT USB controller and it act like a one device. This is realy cool. Now this NXT Stand-Alone modules make more sense, besauce combine it with throttle unit looks for me more practical as mout them on the side of the joystick.

ManuSan

Postby ManuSan » Fri Jan 19, 2024 13:29

I think the same, I received stecs miniplus and I thought wrongly that accessories would be included. First disappointment with VKB( I own T-Rudder, Gladiator Pro, MCG pro... ) , also comming from a TWCS.

If anyone wants to sell individual components of the accesories please write me ( EU ).

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”