Gunfighter conversion kits?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Loki.mir

Re: Gunfighter conversion kits?

Postby Loki.mir » Wed Feb 21, 2024 14:44

It's an absolute shame. I'm (a year now) waiting to buy a GFIV base, stuck with a MCGU attached to a 200mm ext. and for a kit that would convert the extension.
Last edited by Loki.mir on Wed Feb 21, 2024 22:33, edited 1 time in total.

Delta

Postby Delta » Wed Feb 21, 2024 16:46

Did you buy a grip by itself in anticipation of a base? What good is a grip and an extension without a base to go with it?

Preventing people from making that mistake is why VKB have not listed standalone bases on their store for years, and only started doing so after the Gladiator NXT and grip conversion kits were out.

Loki.mir

Postby Loki.mir » Wed Feb 21, 2024 22:48

I couldn't afford both at once! When i did get the grip plus the 200mm the base was regularly sold standalone.

Immediately after they announced the GF IV.

Bigger problem is they're not releasing the conversion kits either. And i need one for the extension, not the grip, because i'm not going to buy a kit for the grip then buy a new extension, unless i can return the old one. Besides, the grip conversion kit should be compatible with the (lower end of the) extension.

They shouldn't take away items to "prevent mistakes", they should add parts to cater to the needs of every customer. For shame! For all the inconvenience they caused me by now they should have sent a base for free... at least!

Delta

Postby Delta » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:51

If you cannot afford the grip and base in a package, you cannot aford them separately. Buying piecemeal is more expensive - even without the bundle pricing, you still pay shipping twice, and I do not see how owning a grip without a base for a few weeks offers you more value for the money than saving up for a while to buy both at once.

But in any case, the damage is done now, and we need to work with what you have. I doubt you could get either the extension or the grip refunded.

Honestly, I think your best bet might be to get just the bottom connector of your extension upgraded. Keep the Rev.B connection on top for your grip, replace the bottom pins with the new Rev.C connector so your extension functions as an adapter. It should not be much trouble for VKB HQ to provide the parts you would need, but I have no idea how that works via Eduard. Either way, it should be much cheaper than upgrading every device in the chain.

Loki.mir

Postby Loki.mir » Thu Feb 22, 2024 21:21

Absolutely. And thank you for your kind understanding. Question is: when. :?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 22:33

Loki.mir wrote:I couldn't afford both at once!

I won't comment on your decision, but the issue could only be resolved by getting in contact with the EU rep. They will suggest the best course of action and eventually order some extra parts for you if they don't usually keep those in stock. If you're not sure where to start I'd say get a MCFGU RevC connector to replace the REVB connector on your grip (I see this one is available already on their website), ask to get your RevB extension replaced with a RevC one (if yours is still in New condition), get a base (they'll sell you one even if it's not listed on the website) and that's it.

Loki.mir

Postby Loki.mir » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:46

No need to comment. Now that i think of it I was lucky. If i had bought the base too (and i couldn't anyway as it was always oos) now i wouldn't buy a GFIV base. I'd be stuck with an "obsolete" piece of hardware and glance at the new version from the screen, damning myself to have bought the item less than a week b4 the new version was announced. So nah, i'm happy i couldn't get the GFIII.

but nevermind that. Well first of all i am pretty sure i wouldn't want to detach my grip from its extension, bc it looks comfortable on it, i don't wanna touch it. I'd rather buy a conversion kit for the extension itself, fiddle with something that's way less valuable, then the base. IT's simpler! Not to mention that the r.B to r.C conversion kit for the grip should naturally work for the extension! When they designed the conversion kit they should have done it with extensions in mind as well.
Second, I think with all the mess they caused to say they could replace my extension "if yours is still in new condition" (ofc it is, i couldn't use it!) is mildly disrespectful, as they should have already sent a new one a minute after i posted my problem a year ago, not if mine "is still in new condition".

Customers should be treated well.

That is, if a conversion kit just for the lower end of the extension is impossible.

To summarize here's the steps for both cases:

-detach grip from extension
-pack and return Rev.B extension
-receive Rev.C extension
-buy conversion kit for grip
-convert grip to Rev.C.
-attach grip to extension
-buy GFIV base
-attach base to extension

-buy conversion kit for extension
-convert extension to Rev.C.
-buy GFIV base
-attach base to extension.

I don't know how to contact the rep, what's a rep, I'm italian! What I would want now is to see my cart nicely loaded, brimming with all the contraptions i need, ready to be shipped to me when i pay them, along with a jolly discount. The extension sent for free with a note that reads "please send the older version WHEN you can, IF you have no way to use it".

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:26

No disrespect intended, but I can't guess the state the extension is at this time. Again, if it's new you'll return it and receive a new one. Together with a base and a grip RevC adapter. Surely this is the most convenient option for you, as it's cheaper and doesn't require a lot of DIY.
A little bit more about the current situation - the EU store is an independent entity, with no ties with VKB other than reselling our products. We can't force them to sell some packages they consider won't get sold well, so they will end up losing money. We could, though, persuade them to help a customer in a specific case like yours by providing products which are not listed on their website. I just wish you'd had explained the situation better in the previous messages, so we could know what the issue is.
Please send me your email address on PM and I will speak with the EU rep (rep = representative, a person who represents the company) to provide you a custom invoice for the base and adapter and order the parts for you.

Loki.mir

Postby Loki.mir » Tue Feb 27, 2024 0:19

I understand. Thank you for the kindness and patience. Sending the PM now. Naturally i will also need the shipping address.
All i need, then, before completing the custom order, which includes

-200mm extension
-conversion kit for the MCGU
-GFIV base

all of course rev.C, is to securely pack my extension. If you do need it i can pm a picture of it to be sure about its condition.

A problem for me is ofc the shipping fee is going to be at least half the price of the extension itself. However, i was wondering if at this point it wouldn't be simpler to just send you guys the old grip as well (i didn't do much with her either, other than plug a different hat from the ones available) so i won't need to use a conversion kit. I'm not much of a tinker! Besides, this way the EU store won't need to order the standalone base and the conversion kit from International, just the regular base grip duo (plus the extension). What do you think?

Thanks again.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”