Second phase for STECS?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Fri13

Second phase for STECS?

Postby Fri13 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 19:32

Edit, please mods move this to general discussion area.

From the start, years ago, VKB made clear that TECS comes with three tier pricing, and two variants.

We have now first phase out, with it's four editions.
But nothing has been said about second phase AFAIK.

We are still missing the electronic detents (we snow have first tier, mechanical detents) in tilting throttle (second tier). The more expensive one.

And when comes the sliding throttle with electronic detents only?
- the most expensive one...

I am still waiting the sliding one, as I don't like tilting design.

Outofstock

Re: Second phase for STECS?

Postby Outofstock » Fri Oct 20, 2023 16:48

Wouldn’t hold your breath, they move at half the speed of smell this lot.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:28

Good question... It is in our plans, this I can say for certain. But the timing is not set yet.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

1sascha

Postby 1sascha » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:25

Fri13 wrote:
And when comes the sliding throttle with electronic detents only?

I'd be very interested to know if those detents are still under development. According to a ...err.. 2021? post on this forum, VKB were in the process of getting patents related to that feature.

Seeing how they didn't include them upon launch, I can't help but wonder if they have run into technical problems getting that technology market-ready. Which wouldn't be such a huge surprise. I'm not aware this has ever been done for a PC-peripheral product and I would imagine it quite the challenge to pull this tech off with high long-term reliability and for a competitive price.

Having had the chance to get my hands on an STECS Standard last weekend, I instantly felt that it would be much harder for me now to choose between the VKB and the Virpil CM3 (which I bought in Dec 2022 when the VKB wasn't available). This thing felt exceptionally good in my hand and like a high quality product. Not enough so to go crazy and dump my Virpil, but if the STECS had digital detents, selling the CM3 and buying an STECS instead would be a real possibility for me.

S.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”