Stecs pricing

Moderator: AdminGroup

Juicebag85

Stecs pricing

Postby Juicebag85 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 16:22

Hi.

As we can see the Stecs Standard now costs 355 € which is pretty much. You say that it's because of air delivery but the last time with the SEM I also waited months until the ship cargo arrived and the price difference at the end was only about 5 €.

What will be the final price for the Stecs Standard?

zeddikus

Re: Stecs pricing

Postby zeddikus » Tue Sep 12, 2023 18:55

RRP:
- STECS MINI $199
- STECS MINI PLUS $219
- STECS STANDARD $279
- STECS MAX $319

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 22:07

We don't know at this time, but the the STECS, same as any other VKB product in EU store, will add to RRP VAT, shipping from China to EU warehouse, local logistics.

1sascha

Postby 1sascha » Thu Sep 14, 2023 20:29

zeddikus wrote:RRP:
- STECS MINI $199
- STECS MINI PLUS $219
- STECS STANDARD $279
- STECS MAX $319

Those are US-prices and doubly irrelevant.

1. US prices are excluding shipping - and shipping cost in the US-store were pretty high last I checked. Between $40 to $50, IIRC depending on the product(s).

2. US store doesn't ship to EU customers

Bottom line is that US customers won't be paying those prices you quoted. The "Standard"-variant will be well over $300, all in - probably closer to $350. Plus it doesn't really matter for EU customers, anyway, because even if the "Max" would cost 50 bucks in the States, we could not buy it for that price over here.

When I saw the US prices for the first time, I pretty much expected the "Standard" to be at around €350 over here. Which, without having seen, let alone used a STECS, is a good price, IMO. TM Warthog is currently €220 to €240 I believe, but it's getting quite long in the tooth and I don't think it's nearly as versatile as the VKB product. Can't talk about internals or overall quality, but if the STECS is anything like my NXT Evo and my MK III Gunfighter, I'd say the STECS will easily outclass the Warthog in that regard, too. I've switched to a Virpil throttle in Jan 2023 (got tired of waiting for the STECS), but I do still own a WHT and the internals/mechanical components on the Thrustmaster-product are a bit of a joke, I think.

Frankly, I'd be a bit suspicious if they sold the STECS Standard for €250 over here - nice things cost money and if its quality is anything like the Gunfighter's, I would fully expect that STECS to outlast my current PC and probably outlast myself. :)

S.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”