UK Website Backorders

Moderator: AdminGroup

RoboJoe

UK Website Backorders

Postby RoboJoe » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:42

Hello.
Approximately 1-2 months ago I purchased a Gladiator NXT from the UK website and I am very happy with the product, so I have been considering purchasing a second to use as my left hand stick. I recently learned about the Omni-Throttle variation and after researching this it is definitely something I think I would like.
I have visited the UK website though and I cannot find it listed there, despite the Backorder page saying this is a week I could make backorders, so I am a little confused about how to go about this process as I would very much like to order one. DO I need to email someone to do a backorder?

Is it possible that this Omni-throttle only available via the EU website? Which I have found here https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/g ... ft+Premium
I would be happy to order via the EU website if that is the option but the extra costs that might occur due to import duties from the EU to the UK worry me a little as I am unsure what they might be.

Thank you
Kind Regards
RoboJoe

AeroGator

Re: UK Website Backorders

Postby AeroGator » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:02

Sorry for letting your post remain unanswered for a few days. We were (and are) a bit, errrr... head over heels with STECS launch, so please allow me another day or two before I dig into this case. I will try to help before the end of the week, if I can help at all (dealerships are independent businesses, and if the problem is within their responsibility we can only ask, not demand). But anyway, let's see. Sorry again. I will follow this case.
I believe writing directly to sales (at) vkb-sim.pro would actually be the fastest way, you might receive help from the sales team sooner if you just simply copy your post, and email it to them. I will on my side have a word with the sales guys so they will be expecting your letter.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

RoboJoe

Postby RoboJoe » Wed Jul 19, 2023 13:27

Hello, thank you for the response.

I did send an email to the UK website before I posted this topic and I didn't receive a reply so that's why I came here. I didn't realise it was a dealership type situation though, I thought it was a UK based "office/warehouse" so apologies for bringing it up here.
As much as I appreciate the offer for getting in touch with them I don't think that's needed now though because I decided that I would order one from your EU website instead as the joystick is in stock here, and I discovered a 5% discount code via this forum! I found a way to calculate what my predicted customs would be to pay and because of that discount code it worked out to be approximately the same or even slightly cheaper than waiting for the UK store to open backorders again (as I also see the joysticks are listed there now but are sold out as I imagine it's waiting until a new backorder wave next week).

I hope doing that was okay and doesn't cause any problems for you.
The only minor issue I have is that this order has been stuck on processing for ther past few days which I imagine is delayed due to the STECS launch you mentioned, so hopefully it will be dispatched soon :)

I'm not sure what the STECS is, haha, but I guess it's something I might be interested in buying in the future! I hope the launch for that goes well.

RoboJoe

Postby RoboJoe » Tue Jul 25, 2023 22:05

I received my Omni-throttle I ordered from the EU store today!
The only minor disappointment I had is that I thought it would come with an adapter to make it into a regular stick if I wanted to (as I saw someone in a review on youtube mentioned that theirs came with one) but after re-reading the description on the website I realised it doesn't actually include that and I think I need to order one seperately, so that was my fault.
Regardless of my mistake I'm very happy with this to pair with my other Gladiator NXT so thank you very much :)

Leifr

Postby Leifr » Fri Aug 04, 2023 15:08

I don't really understand when I'm supposed to be looking at the UK website for stock, I've looked almost daily since it launched and there's never anything available.
May as well continue using the EU store for the time being.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 20:55

There are some local issues, we're trying to fix them quick.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”