Shipping Costs/VAT/Duty for UK

Moderator: AdminGroup

russkly

Shipping Costs/VAT/Duty for UK

Postby russkly » Tue May 02, 2023 13:09

Bit confused about the actual price that I will pay if shipping to the UK.

Need to remove EU VAT, add UK VAT, but what other charges are there?

Anyone from the UK have experience of what it actually costs to get VKB products shipped to the UK?

Don't want an unwanted surprise from UPS telling me that I owe them loads of money before they will deliver...

Daviduk

Re: Shipping Costs/VAT/Duty for UK

Postby Daviduk » Sat May 06, 2023 16:57

Hi

I had to pay import charges of £111.88 on a total order of 592.66 euros. I had actually expected it to be more, so wasn't shocked.

Hope this helps.

David

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat May 06, 2023 19:04

The local UK shop is open and has a limited number of products now. They'll get a full lineup soon.

Sutty

Postby Sutty » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:26

I live in England and I've just been charged £47.00 duty on my Gladiator Evo. I received a couple of UPS emails first with tracking numbers etc and then a couple of days later I received the Duty email and paid it online. I have printed a copy of the receipt for the delivery driver when he delivers it tomorrow ..... fingers crossed!

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:54

Sutty wrote:charged £47.00 duty

First, thanks for business, and welcome to the crew :)
But wait a sec... Did you buy from our UK shop? And still had to pay duty? - or, you bought from the EU dealer? - please reply either here, or in a direct message, but do reply either way, it is important.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Sutty

Postby Sutty » Fri Jun 02, 2023 18:31

I thought there was only the EU shop (Netherlands) that supplied to the UK. I received the restock email and bought it from the VKB Europe site. I got it today and had to show the delivery driver the receipt for the duty I paid online, according to him I still had to pay. After a few phone calls it was sorted, one office not talking to the other if you know what I mean. I'm just trying to fathom out how to set the buttons up for DCS as I've been using an X52 Pro for years ..... are you going to tell me I've wasted £47.00 and there is now a UK site :roll: ?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:11

Sutty wrote:wasted £47.00 and there is now a UK site :roll: ?

- UK site, yes. https://vkbcontrollers.co.uk/
- wasted 47 quid, probably no, or mostly no. There is some import tax that would be sitting in the price anyway, except technically it would be paid by the dealer not by you, saving you all that mess with showing silly papers to truck (oh sorry! LORRY! :mrgreen: ) drivers.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Sutty

Postby Sutty » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:02

- UK site, yes. https://vkbcontrollers.co.uk/ This web page wont load ..... site can't be reached! I've managed to get on the UK site and the price is £195. I paid £175 for the stick so the price with the duty comes to £222.If you add say £5/£10 to the UK price for delivery I've ended up paying maybe £20 extra.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:16

Sutty wrote:- UK site, yes. https://vkbcontrollers.co.uk/ This web page wont load ..... site can't be reached! I've managed to get on the UK site

there is a www/without www problem we're working on.
talking price, we've always tried to make prices as even as possible worldwide regardless local taxes but obviously some difference is unavoidable. sorry you lost some, and hope this is the last loss you suffered!
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”