Issue with THQ addition to NXT

Moderator: AdminGroup

richard.hewett

Issue with THQ addition to NXT

Postby richard.hewett » Wed Dec 21, 2022 18:41

I have just received my THQ, but when I attach it to the NXT and run VKB Device Config tool it appears not to detect the THQ. Should the blue title bar of the tool list both the NXT & THQ?

Screenshot 2022-12-21 153636.png

I have unplugged & reattched the cable connecting each many times, but nothing changes. When looking at the external devices, I only see this

Screenshot 2022-12-21 153954.png

Has anyone come across this before? Any ideas on what else I can try?

Leifr

Re: Issue with THQ addition to NXT

Postby Leifr » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:04

Hi Richard.
I have also just bought a THQ to go along with my NXT EVO. I've spent all evening chatting on the Discord about solving this, have reseated everything several times over, confirmed firmware for the stick is up to date, etc etc... but the THQ box just won't be recognised at all - it seems dead to me.

I'll probably open my own thread for my issue, but know that I also appear to have a problem with detection of the THQ. At least your stick is still recognised when the box is linked up! When I connect my THQ via the 3-pin cable, it kills the stick too and doesn't work in the software at all.

fallout9

Re: Issue with THQ addition to NXT

Postby fallout9 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:20

richard.hewett wrote:Has anyone come across this before? Any ideas on what else I can try?

Press the large square Default button, then, after the joystick restarts, click yes if asked to autoconfigure it. If the autoconfigure box doesn't pop up navigate to Global/External and press the Find&AutoConfig button, then calibrate.
If it still doesn't work let me know and I'll guide you through reflashing to the latest firmware.

Leifr wrote:doesn't work in the software at all

Make sure you plug the 3 pins cable into the 4 pins socket like in the pic below; have your devices disconnected from USB while doing this.
Then plug back to USB and do the same as above.
Attachments
IMG_3704.jpg

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”