How to use just one black box

Moderator: AdminGroup

Sciacud

How to use just one black box

Postby Sciacud » Sat Nov 12, 2022 22:01

Hello,
about 1 year ago I bought the T-Rudder, which is working with his black box connected to my pc.
Recently I bought the Mgc Ultimate, which is working with his black box.
So now I have two black boxes, both of them connected via usb to my pc.
I'd like to use, not 2 boxes, but just one of them, which will work either for the T-Rudder, and for the Mcgu at the same time, saving one usb port of my pc.

Is this possible and how can I do that?
Could you please explain this to me in the easiest way?
Thanks

fallout9

Re: How to use just one black box

Postby fallout9 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:08

Windows restricts number of axes to 8 per device. MCGU without twist has 7 axes, so you could add the rudders to the same Black Box and use it as the 8th axis. MCGU with twist has already 8 axes (pitch, roll, 2x Master Mode ministick, 2x GateCont ministick, hand brake, twist), so you could plug the rudders in the same Black Box only if you'll replace one of the existing axis with T-Rudders'.

Sciacud

Postby Sciacud » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:41

Hello and thank you for replay.
My Mgcu doesn't have twist axis.
I tried to plug the T-Rudder cable (the one like an ethernet cord) into the Mgcu black box but it doesn't work.
Any idea?

EDIT: actually T-Rudder shows up in VKBDevCfg app (and black box has 2 green LEDs and one blue), but his axis doesn't work either in game nor in VKBDevCfg app.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:34

The T-Rudders shouldn't show up in VKBDevCfg if you plugged it into MCGU's Black Box. Plug the T-Rudders in the same Black Box the MCGU is using, press the Default button under the Tools tab, than calibrate the joystick like here; also, include the rudders in the calibration process - press on them left and right on the whole range immediately after you finish calibrating the joystick and right before pressing the End Calibr button as per guide.

Sciacud

Postby Sciacud » Tue Nov 15, 2022 20:57

I made it! Thank you so much. :D

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”