Product have not been shipped in 1 month and VKB thinks this is okay

Moderator: AdminGroup

postnlhater

Product have not been shipped in 1 month and VKB thinks this is okay

Postby postnlhater » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:02

I have placed my order in 13th september, today is 13th october and my product did not make it to destination country. VKB did not give me a choice to select the cargo company and they sent it via postNL. The order was completed on 19 september (and was shipped). The last update on postNL's webpage was on 22 september saying "the shipment was sent to destination country" but this is clearly not true. PostNL claims if a shipment from NL to my country (also in europe) takes more than 22 days I should contact the sender immediately so that an inquiry can be started. But VKB did not even respond my email stating they should contact postnl. This is unacceptable. Quote from their webpage "The orders are usually processed and shipped within 1-3 days for EU customers and up to 5 days for clients located outside EU"..

TLDR: Be ready for your shipment to take more than 3 weeks (except the waiting time for the shipment to be completed). If you try to contact vkb they will either say wait more because their previous customers waited more (they gave me an example of a guy waiting processing time + 29 days so I should also keep waiting as if it was normal) or they will not respond to you at all.

30 days and counting...

1sascha

Re: Product have not been shipped in 1 month and VKB thinks this is okay

Postby 1sascha » Thu Oct 13, 2022 19:10

Hmm... sounds to me like VKB have handed the shipment over to postNL, postNL have handed it over to the next carrier at the border and the delay is probably caused by that last carrier. Or, if you live in a European but non-EU country (like the UK), it might be stuck in customs. A buddy of mine experienced this when he imported WinWing-stuff from China into the EU.

With my three orders from them from NL to Germany (all via UPS, but that wasn't my decision), once they handed the package to the carrier and sent me the "your order is now complete"-mail, the tracking on the UPS-site started "for real" and I could then follow the parcel's route to my house. Not sure if it's the vendor or the customer who is usually expected to inquire after packages with such long delays (three weeks from the NL to anywhere in the EU just isn't normal), but regardless of what VKB do or do not do, I would try to get a hold of someone at PostNL and/or the carrier they handed it over to at the border (a real person) and ask them to start looking for the package.

You could always ask for a refund from VKB or, if all else fails, think about cancelling your payment. You should probably at least inquire with your bank, CC-company or Paypal whether that is possible/legal in this situation.

S.

Eduard VKB FSC

Re: Product have not been shipped in 1 month and VKB thinks this is okay

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Fri Oct 14, 2022 0:58

postnlhater wrote:PostNL claims if a shipment from NL to my country (also in europe) takes more than 22 days I should contact the sender immediately so that an inquiry can be started. But VKB did not even respond my email stating they should contact postnl. This is unacceptable. Quote from their webpage "The orders are usually processed and shipped within 1-3 days for EU customers and up to 5 days for clients located outside EU"...
TLDR: Be ready for your shipment to take more than 3 weeks (except the waiting time for the shipment to be completed).

Hi postnlhater,
Indeed, it took quite long already. When it takes 30 days, PostNL accepts a request for investigation from us. So we will open a ticket for it. However, I believe it will be delivered to your address quite soon. So far no issues with the parcels to your country.

I am confused why you didn't mention your country in this post but saying that it is in Europe. It is geografically in Europe but not in EU. Therefore the delivery is not fast unfortunately and also pricey. We have long discussion with you via our ticketing system and I hope I have explained you all. But if you want to discuss it publicely, let's do it but I would prefer to mention your country for clarity.

With regards of promised "1-3 days to deliver" - it is about general product which is in permanent stock. For the product you ordered it is longer because it is new and it took more time. Now such products are in permanent stock and we deliver as promised. Again, for public discussion I would also suggest to mention the product you bought. Otherwise your post is not informational but just negative. If you want to help people from your country to participate in this discussion you need to share more details about the product and the destination.

For example, we have received suggestions from other customers from your country to choose PostNL over UPS. It must be a reason of course to wait longer. But anyway, we are investigating alternative options to offer for customers from your country.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”