NXT EVO spring force

Moderator: AdminGroup

Anciabl

NXT EVO spring force

Postby Anciabl » Sat Aug 27, 2022 20:34

Hello, I have a premium with a set of 10, 20 and 30 springs, what is the strength of the basic mounted springs? something between 30 and 20? I'm wondering if it would be best to use 10 for space games.

EDIT:I found that the base springs have a strength of 20

1sascha

Re: NXT EVO spring force

Postby 1sascha » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:53

Anciabl wrote: I'm wondering if it would be best to use 10 for space games.

Personal preference.

I only fly fixed wing stuff and I'm using #30 on the Y-axis and #20 on the X-axis, since I like a bit more "stiffness" on the elevator but want my ailerons to be pretty light.

More importantly IMO, you also have to take into account what sort of clutch strength you want. In my case, I wanted as much clutch strength as possible but still wanted the stick to reliably return to dead center when I let go of the grip. After I swapped in the 30s I adjusted the clutch just so that it would neither overpower the spring nor be overpowered by the spring.

I found that the clutches can pretty easily overpower the springs, even the 30s. Meaning if you apply too much clutch, the spring won't be strong enough to pull the grip back to a dead center position. And just like with a dampener/spring combo on a car or bike, you want both elements to work in unison, and not have them "fight" each other.

All that said: I'd recommend setting things up in a way that feels good for you and then try it out for a few days. Instead of staying up all night, constantly fiddling with springs and clutches, looking for a "magic" setting. I've done that and that "magic" setting doesn't exist. :)

S.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”