Broken bearing Gunfighter mk3

Moderator: AdminGroup

Shogma

Broken bearing Gunfighter mk3

Postby Shogma » Tue Jul 12, 2022 17:40

I bought the mk3 gunfighter two months ago. I have used it little in recent months, but a bearing (the bearing that rolls on the cams) immediately broke. The broken bearing has scratched my S-cam and now it is not as smooth as it used to be ..... there are no spare bearings on the site. I don't know how to do it, I have already started tickets in the past for other questions but I have never received an answer.

fallout9

Re: Broken bearing Gunfighter mk3

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 20:23

I know you're having issues with the ticket, but unfortunately there's nothing to do here with your problem other than wait for the ticket to get attention from the EU rep. I'll also remind them about it if you'll edit your other post with ticket number.

Shogma

Postby Shogma » Tue Jul 12, 2022 20:51

The problem is this: in May I had a problem with a TM grip adapter .... ticket started in May and never got a reply. I wouldn't want the same to happen with this one. In any case I have already ordered these bearings, can they be suitable as a replacement? I have also already bought a set of Avia cams at my expense, to replace the damaged cam from the broken bearing .... https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0848N ... UTF8&psc=1

Shogma

Postby Shogma » Tue Jul 12, 2022 20:58

The ticket is # 8367, linked to order 24881 (the order of my gunfighter + extension 200). My account is linked to the email umbram323@gmail.com, and I wrote this email in the ticket

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 21:32

If the cam is also damaged then I think the ball bearing got broken due to improper installation of the cam. Please check this guide on adjusting cams, springs and dampers. Regardless, they'll send you the needed parts. Have a bit of patience; spoke with them earlier - they'll visit the forum soon to collect the needed info on your ticket.

Moved the EU section.

Shogma

Postby Shogma » Tue Jul 12, 2022 22:50

no, I did not install wrong. The bearing broke while I was flying on the simulator, and the broken part of the bearing has scratched the cam This creates a non-linear sliding of the bearing, so I had to buy a set of cams from the European site. As I wrote, today I bought the Avia S set. If you can put the bearings in the order before shipping it, it would be more convenient. Anyway I used the 200mm extension, with a double 50mm spring on each cam (total 4 50mm springs), because with the 200mm extension the forcefeedback was very light. Can the gunfighter be used with 4 x 50 springs? Could this be the reason that the bearing broke? I ask you this in order to adjust my setup when I have the new bearings.
Last edited by Shogma on Tue Jul 12, 2022 23:03, edited 2 times in total.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:29

Adding requests to this thread won't help; you'll have to update your ticket, as that's your direct link with the local vendor.

Shogma

Postby Shogma » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:30

Ok, i have understand. But please.....answer this question (for me it is essential to understand if my current setup with x4 spring #50 on the gunfighter (two cams 50 for axis x, and two cams 50 for the axis y) can be fine, or it can create problems with the components:): "I used the 200mm extension, with a double 50mm spring on each cam (total 4 50mm springs), because with the 200mm extension the forcefeedback was very light. Can the gunfighter be used with 4 x 50 springs? Could this be the reason that the bearing broke? "

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:41

The official recommended max load is 1x40 + 1x50 springs per axis. Double 50s per axis wouldn't break the ball bearing though; maybe that was a simply defective component, it happens.

Shogma

Postby Shogma » Wed Jul 13, 2022 19:45

it's true, it can happen. But the fact that it has happened to several people on this forum, that doesn't make me feel comfortable. All this people used 200 extensions with double spring 50 or 50 + 40 ..... I hope that using 50 + 40 springs on the two axles, it won't break again. More than anything else, I hope to receive the bearings, because at this moment I cannot use the gunfighter and I have no way to speak to the EU dealer. I have received now the email of the my cams orde, and the package was sent. But nobody looks at the tickets and I don't understand why ..... if they had bearings available, they could put them in the order of the cams. Now I am in a situation where I don't know when I will be able to use my gunfighter that I bought new two months ago, because I have no way to contact support directly. The only communication channel I have is this forum .....

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 20:21

It's true, it had happened to several people. But you do realize that we sell many thousands of these devices and people with no issues won't be coming here to announce they don't have issues, right? :) So as I said, don't worry, it's not a common issue.
I'll remind the local rep about your ticket.

Shogma

Postby Shogma » Wed Jul 13, 2022 21:01

I apologize if I can sound rude. Unfortunately English is not my language, so I don't express myself as I would like .... Try to understand me, I spent an amount that was important to me for this joystick, and now I can't use it because a bearing is broken. Also I cannot get a response from EU assistance. All of this causes my tone "not calm", and I apologize for it. You are the only VKB person I can talk to .... the thing that makes me angry is that: for a bearing, I can't fly on simulators for who knows how long, and I'm sorry. I hope that in the next few days, we will be able to have the bearings shipped. In the meantime, I will be forced to forget DCS to dedicate myself to Elden Ring XD

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 22:40

It's understandable, no need to apologize; it is frustrating for both you and us to have a part failing, but well... shit happens, let's be positive and fix that. On that note, I got the local EU rep's confirmation that they received your ticket update and will send you the ball bearing ASAP.

Shogma

Postby Shogma » Thu Jul 14, 2022 0:08

I am happy to tell you that the EU seller has contacted me and will ship the bearings to me. Thank you very much! without you I don't know if I could have solved this problem.

Shogma

Postby Shogma » Tue Jul 19, 2022 17:32

I'm sorry but I need to update you on this matter. The EU seller promised me that the package with the bearings would be shipped on Friday 15th July. Today, Tuesday 19 July, I have not yet received the shipping confirmation email, I have written several times in these days to the EU seller, and I have updated the ticket, but he has stopped responding. Until Friday he always answered me, apologized and guaranteed me that the package would be sent on Friday. Then he stopped writing to me and I can't get updates anymore ...... I thought the problem was solved, and instead we are at the starting point.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”