Fantastic Product - VKB Gladiator Evo

Moderator: AdminGroup

AFM81

Fantastic Product - VKB Gladiator Evo

Postby AFM81 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 13:10

Hi All,

I'm not normally one for leaving feedback or reviews, either positive or negative, but I've seen a few comments of concern on the forum around delivery times, etc., so I just wanted to allay anyone's fears - I ordered a VKB Gladiator Evo on 24th June, and received it yesterday, 6th July. This is well inside the 2-week window for the Evo products, and UPS processed my delivery in short order once the VAT charges were paid.

As a product, I have to say this is one of the most premium, high-quality peripherals I have ever bought for any computer system in over 30 years of gaming. For the price, the quality is out of this world - The packaging alone is immaculate and on a par with anything you might receive from companies such as Apple (indeed, arguably better given the price point). This particular joystick, while being mainly plastic, is of the highest quality plastic available, and the whole unit feels strong and sturdy. The design is excellent in terms of ergonomics, and the base absolutely will not move in even the most demanding of flying situations.

Everything about the design and feel of the joystick is pure class, right down to the positioning of the USB port so that the cable is as protected as possible against straining or bending. I've seen these joysticks described as 'entry-level' but that is very much not the case. I have upgraded from an X52 to this, and there simply is no comparison.

In conclusion (and I could say a lot more), if you have any doubts about ordering, just go ahead and do it. VKB are clearly a company that takes great pride in what it does, and while they might be struggling to respond to everyone's communications, they deliver what matters - a top quality product made with the utmost of care, and with no hassle.

Top job, VKB!

1sascha

Re: Fantastic Product - VKB Gladiator Evo

Postby 1sascha » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:10

My thoughts/experience exactly. Been singing this thing's praises ever since I got mine - and I wholeheartedly agree that the term "entry-level" criminally undersells the Evo. Which makes it even weirder that I've now run into two people who are still buying Logitechs - and both of them had to buy multiple examples over a fairly short period of time because those sticks would always stop working for them. Just looking at the price-tag alone won't tell the whole story... I mean: Are you really saving money when you're on your fifth or sixth Wingman in three or four years when you could've just bought one Evo and be done with it? And I'm not exaggerating here - that's from a RL case I just came across in one of the sim-communities I'm a part of. But good luck trying to convince (some) folks - I mean... I know it took me longer than I care to admit to let go of my affinity for the Sidewinder FF2 ... :D

I summarized the stick in one of those "Logitech junkie intervention"-threads like this: I'm fairly certain that unless you want to upgrade to something like the GF, WarBRD/Mongoos or WW Orion, you won't have to buy another flight-stick after the Evo. At least not for a very, very long time. In my experience, well made plastic sticks are way better than their reputation WRT longevity (my 16 year old Sidewinder FF2 still works flawlessly and looks and feels like new) - and I guess this applies even more to the Evo thanks to the high quality plastics and construction it uses.

S.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”