It's spring time ... :)

Moderator: AdminGroup

1sascha

It's spring time ... :)

Postby 1sascha » Mon May 16, 2022 12:00

I suppose since I've been bitching and moaning about these things on all channels, it's only fair to show off what the postman dropped off today. I guess Mondays aren't that bad after all .... :)

vkb springs.jpg

Thanks Eduard and Co. !

S.

zikolach

Re: It's spring time ... :)

Postby zikolach » Tue Jul 05, 2022 17:52

Did you order these springs or get them as replacement?

I am asking because I saw on Reddit that springs are covered by warranty. And I had a couple of months ago support ticket about second fire trigger plastic part broken - got replacement (including some spare springs I asked separately for). But it turns out VKB sent me wrong springs despite I explicitly wrote I need them for Gladiator NXT. The ones they sent me are bigger and fall freely off, so few millimeters longer than needed.

And now I opened new support ticket and having no answer for more than a week.

Btw all the original springs seem to be very bad quality ones - considering quite rare use in my case - all the "premium" set of #10, #20 are gone, now using the rest of #30 (which are not suitable for spacesim).

If technical support reads this - ticket number #8212 (#5281 ticket where springs were requested, but wrong sent, original order number is #10834).

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 19:00

We had a bad batch of springs a while ago, but as you said, they're covered by warranty. The springs you got, if they're too big, must be for GunFighter base, don't use them. I'll remind the local vendor about your ticket; sorry for the wait.

1sascha

Postby 1sascha » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:20

zikolach wrote:Did you order these springs or get them as replacement?

Neither. My KG-12 Evo was from the first batch that came into the EU (I think) and those sticks were missing the baggie with the additional springs and spring removal-tool that all Evos come with. So this was more like a "completion" of my initial order/purchase and simply took a while due to supply-chain/logistics issues, I guess.

I've been using both the stock #20s and now #30s (on the Y-axis) since I received the stick in March and none of them had any issues so far with almost daily use of the stick (between one and up to four or five hours of daily flying).

S.

zikolach

Postby zikolach » Wed Jul 06, 2022 19:00

fallout9 wrote:We had a bad batch of springs a while ago, but as you said, they're covered by warranty. The springs you got, if they're too big, must be for GunFighter base, don't use them. I'll remind the local vendor about your ticket; sorry for the wait.

Thanks a lot for your reply and confirmation! Looking forward to hear reply from the support!

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”