EVO orders not shipped yet?

Moderator: AdminGroup

mdpedersen

Re: EVO orders not shipped yet?

Postby mdpedersen » Thu Mar 24, 2022 19:19

Can we get an official statement on this please? is it just because they can only ship so many packages a day or is it because they are all shipped and we just got screwed with this shipment? I have heard of people getting their shipment that ordered later than 10 of march when was the date I ordered mine so I HOPE thats not the case.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:33

Hi guys,

We received the first batch from HQ already and started shipping. However, it is not possible for us to ship all orders simultaneously. It is very new product for us as well as for you :-)
We are in learning mode as well. Please be patient, we should complete shipping on Monday.

Also important to understand that it is still pre-ordering. Meaning that most of customers who pre-ordered some EVO or Omni products might wait for two weeks before we are able to ship it. We always request more but it is not easy to predict which model is demanded most. That's always a risk with the new products which are not in "normal" stock (supplied in bulk via ocean route). Basically, if the order is not shipped on Monday, it would be postponed for another week.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:41

1sascha wrote:It's about the three screws to fasten the grip to the gimbal. There are two plastic bags with three black screws each in them, one set is much longer than the other. Not sure which ones to use and since I'll be screwing into plastic, I don't want to ruin anything down there by using the wrong set of screws.
Also: I'm guessing the fact that there are no additional springs included (even though the description on the store-page mentions those) is due to the adjustable clutches? Or is it just a copy/paste error on the KG12's page that hasn't been cleaned up properly?

To make sure it's reaching you I'll reply again to your first question: Use the shorter self tapping screws. If you'll tighten any of the 3 shorter screws too much and that will enlarge the hole replace it with one of the longer ones.

The KG12 is supposed to have included the full set of springs, the soft #10, medium #20 and hard #30. If you're sure they're nowhere in the box please contact the local rep so you could get them with our apologies.

jerryelberry

Postby jerryelberry » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:36

I understand the circumstances, but I think in a situation like this the orders, which get shipped first should be the ones that got ordered first. As it is handled but almost all shops and resellers, which have a limited stock.
Because now people, which paid a premium to get the item early and have ordered in advance without hesitation to ensure their order being processed in the first batch, might have to wait not just the 10 day delay(of the initially planned start, 18th), in case it's shipping on Monday. But another week on top which means more than half a month.

Maybe a first come, first serve way of handling situations like this would be something to consider in the future.

Anyways I hope everyone (including myself), waiting for their new baby will receive a shipment notifications on Monday.

Jerry

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:38

Hello Jerry,

I agree with you that "first come, first serve" is the right approach. I confirm that we always follow that concept however we might ship some models or some orders a day or two earlier just to optimize shipping process. For example, we could ship all single orders (e.g. where only one EVO flightstick) in a batch first. And some orders which needs to be clarified or requires additional efforts to pack etc might delay for a day. It helps to ship the whole batch faster and minimize mistakes. But we never postpone the customer to wait for another batch if he's order is to be delivered from this batch. That's for sure.

We started to offer pre-ordering EVO on the 10 of March and only this week the first batch arrives. It was some delay on HQ side to ship to us then Fedex delivers the batch almost a week longer than expected.

jerryelberry

Postby jerryelberry » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:00

Greetings Eduard,

I see, you meant that the shipment will be on another day of the upcoming week. I thought it, will be postponed for 7 days or smth.

If this is what you meant, I'm very sorry for misunderstanding you earlier.

Best wishes,
Jerry

1sascha

Postby 1sascha » Fri Mar 25, 2022 13:16

fallout9 wrote:
To make sure it's reaching you I'll reply again to your first question: Use the shorter self tapping screws. If you'll tighten any of the 3 shorter screws too much and that will enlarge the hole replace it with one of the longer ones.

Perfect! Those are the ones I used when I got too impatient and just went ahead.. :)

The KG12 is supposed to have included the full set of springs, the soft #10, medium #20 and hard #30. If you're sure they're nowhere in the box please contact the local rep so you could get them with our apologies.

I'm very sure this is all that came with the base. Well, that and the rubber sleeve. But no additional springs, no spring removal tool.

20220324_125615.jpg

Plus the grip had a baggie with a single screw, some tiny washers and rubber thingies, probably to lock the twist function and hide the screw?

While I have you here: Is there a palm-rest adapter for smaller hands available for the KG12? Like the one that's included in the space-sim grip? I've rigged one myself out of hard memory foam, duct-taped to the grip's palm-rest.

20220325_111213.jpg

Doesn't look too good and I'm not sure if it'll hold up. But it definitely makes the grip more ergonomic and less tiring for me, since I don't have huge hands, so I'd very much love a more permanent/professional solution for this.

S.
Last edited by 1sascha on Fri Mar 25, 2022 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Fri Mar 25, 2022 14:57

1sascha wrote: But no additional springs, no spring removal tool.

No worries. HQ confirmed that the bags with springs were missing in EVO KG12 from the first batch which we shipped to our EU clients already. The missing bags are already sent to us so we will distribute it to al KG12 owners in about 7-10 days. Sorry for inconvenience.

The next batch EVO KG12 is on its way and those bags are included.

1sascha

Postby 1sascha » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:59

Any news on those missing springs?

S.

okopanja

Postby okopanja » Tue Apr 05, 2022 17:35

Ordered last week and asked the address to be corrected.
Since then no updates on my order.

When is the next batch due?
Is anyone reading the tickets?

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”