Problem with Y-axis

Moderator: AdminGroup

kotjakin

Problem with Y-axis

Postby kotjakin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 0:19

Hi,

Received my Gladiator NXT last week (Order #20422) and now realize it has a problem with Y-axis which loses calibration after a few movements. I tried to use VKBDevCfg-C.exe from this website to reset the joystick to default and then recalibrate but the problem persists (did this several times). After moving the stick up/down the calibration is off and becomes worse the more I use the Y-axis. It is visible in VKB Device Config tool (in Tool menu, Test -> Axes) that the value of Axis Y does not return to 32767 but either overshoots or undershoots by alot when the stick returns to the center position. In worst case full movement push/pull gives only about half range and the joystick is wildly off center (but physically everything looks fine and the stick is in center). The X-axis works fine and is very smooth and returns to 32767 perfectly.

Can this be fixed somehow or do I need to send the joystick back?

Thanks,

- NK

fallout9

Re: Problem with Y-axis

Postby fallout9 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:38

Looks like your device is part of that bad batch with the magnet on the Y axis sensor coming loose. Here's a walkthrough for the fix. Use just one blob of glue on the back and another one on the side of the magnet.
Sorry about that :(

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”