Most dissapointing product I've ever bought (after help, Amazing product)

Moderator: AdminGroup

NanashiAnjin

Most dissapointing product I've ever bought (after help, Amazing product)

Postby NanashiAnjin » Tue Oct 12, 2021 19:37

After a week of trying to make the GUNFIGHTER MK.III ‘MODERN COMBAT EDITION’ ULTIMATE on stronghold mount with 100mm extebtion work, i just want to give up, it makes my life so stress full, extremely dissapointing for such a high price product.

Worst product I've ever bought for sure

Spend a year saving up, bought it for my birthday, to have a relieve of family members dying, I just get this pure depression of a product that i couldnt even use properly once last week because it keeps disconnecting. Al the screws used seem to be super weak aswell, cant tighten them instantly dull... This is not what I expected from such a high price product...

Highly regret buying
Last edited by NanashiAnjin on Wed Nov 03, 2021 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

fallout9

Re: Most dissapointing product I've ever bought

Postby fallout9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 19:55

It just need a bit of adjusting. I suggest to check the following videos:
1. Replace ministick(s) with HAT switch(es) (if needed);
2. reset to default and calibrate (with timestamp, no need to flash);
3. Replace cams and springs (if you use extension you need some stronger springs than the default ones; I suggest to go double #30 per cam at least);
4. Adjust dry clutch; read the info in the video because overdoing it might make the grip not recentering;
5. Make sure your grip is properly connected on the extension and the extension on the base. Install first the extension on the base, then the grip on the extension. Check this guides: this one (different device, same procedure) and this one (timestamp).

Except of these helpers you could always ask, pointing directly at your issue. You got a high quality, reliable device; it takes a bit of learning to use it at its full potential.

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Tue Oct 12, 2021 20:00

Its more of a matter the screw cant hold the grip in place of the gimbel which makes it disconnect. It really does not feel high quality nor reliable.

I understand the software, and cams and springs, takes some time to adjust, but that isnt the issue here. (also the cord to help get the springs on couldnt support the #50A springs and instantly broke, so getting the #50A springs on was difficult but i managed to do it, I have a #50A + #40A spring on each cam, i read on a forum post that was fine? maybe its too much?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 20:04

If you're talking about the fastener, then make sure both cylinders are totally inside the grip and extension when tightened. If they stick out it means they're in the wrong position or not tightened enough.
If they still don't hold properly please post some pictures taken from the sides of the grip/extension, with the fastener in focus.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 20:48

NanashiAnjin wrote:... the cord to help get the springs on couldnt support the #50A springs and instantly broke, so getting the #50A springs on was difficult

If you let the cord get caught between the spring and the pin then it will get chewed and will break. The trick is to pull it a bit sideways just before the spring makes contact with the metal pin on the base.

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Tue Oct 12, 2021 21:08

what is the best item to use after it broke?
to put on the #50A was very hard, it needed very much tension, so the small adjustment was not possible sadly.

Also, asking again, a #40A and #50A together on a single axis cam is fine right?

And with the Grip fastener, the cylinders seem to be in good position, I try to tighten it as much as i can, but then the key loses grip on the screw and it cant get more tight (maybe damaging the screw making it dull in the end)

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 21:52

Take one of the broken parts and make a knot around the ring, like below:
IMG_3295.jpg

Tighten the knot really good, with some pliers.
IMG_3296.jpg

Alternatively, you could use some steel wire.
Especially when it comes to handling heavy springs, please WEAR EYE PROTECTION!

NanashiAnjin wrote:to put on the #50A was very hard, it needed very much tension, so the small adjustment was not possible sadly.

It is possible, just move/pull the wire a bit towards the open end of the spring hook just when you land it on the pin.

NanashiAnjin wrote:Also, asking again, a #40A and #50A together on a single axis cam is fine right?

Yes.

NanashiAnjin wrote:And with the Grip fastener, the cylinders seem to be in good position, I try to tighten it as much as i can, but then the key loses grip on the screw and it cant get more tight (maybe damaging the screw making it dull in the end)

That's usually what happens when the hex key is not inserted all the way inside the screw head. Any tool or screw could get damaged this way, sometimes even titanium ones. Get another 2.5mm hex key and try again, they're cheap. Push it all the way inside the screw when tightening/releasing it.

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Tue Oct 12, 2021 22:08

That's usually what happens when the hex key is not inserted all the way inside the screw head. Any tool or screw could get damaged this way, sometimes even titanium ones. Get another 2.5mm hex key and try again, they're cheap. Push it all the way inside the screw when tightening/releasing it.[/quote]

what type of screw is inside the cylinder? I will look for one tommorow together with a hex screwdriver, as i find the hex key a bit clumsy. so 2.5mm hex screwdriver.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 22:20

The fastener screw is a DIN 912 M3*14. But it's a good quality screw and can't really get damaged by the included hex key; I bet you won't need a new one, but it's good to have a spare I guess.
Be careful if you'll get a screwdriver, it'll be more powerful than the hex key, so make sure you're all the way inside the screw and you're not only rotating it, but pressing on it for good contact with the screw, not only when tightening, but even when releasing the screw.

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Wed Oct 13, 2021 0:51

This image might help with the grip mounting fastener:

The key is to get the surfaces (coloured red in the above diagram) aligned properly so they fully engage and squeeze on to the stem that protrudes out of the Gunfighter base.

(I don't particularly remember the washers being there by the way but I haven't had my grip off in a while so maybe they're there. If they aren't then the above diagram still applies :wink: )

(from the HOTAS Discord, acknowledgements to DDrake!)

As for the spring installation tools, they work well enough on the lighter springs but the heavier springs are tricky and will sometimes break the 'wire' loops.

Here's a better alternative (lust look for the equivalent in your region): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JHGFN5B/ Yes, I know it's a blackhead removal tool :lol: but the loops are ideal for getting the springs on. To get a better grip you can wrap rubber bands around the shaft of the 'tool' or something like that.

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Wed Oct 13, 2021 19:52

Yes from everything it just seems i do everything right, its just that simply the screw cant get tight enough, and after a while it just gets super loose, after some minutes of play already..
Im just so sick of fucking around with this now, i dont even am in the mood to fly anymore...

I regret everything from this purchase

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 20:05

It's easy - it's a screw. It holds if it's in position, otherwise we'd get hundreds of thousands of complains.
Please post photos with the fasteners, as I asked before: first laid out on the table, then with them inside the grip, from both sides of the grip. Can't advise on a technical issue on lamenting only.

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Wed Oct 13, 2021 20:11

You know what is easy too, you can have the product back i dont care anymore... please give my my money back

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 20:15

With pleasure, just contact your local vendor for further details.

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Wed Oct 13, 2021 20:18

What exactly is my local vendor? VKB europe i would assume?

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 19.40.33.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 19.40.33 (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 19.40.33 (2).jpeg

Added some picutres
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 19.40.33 (1).jpeg
Last edited by NanashiAnjin on Wed Oct 13, 2021 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”