Most dissapointing product I've ever bought (after help, Amazing product)

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

Re: Most dissapointing product I've ever bought

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 20:26

post deleted, doesn't add to the topic.

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Wed Oct 13, 2021 20:54

Wow you showed your true colors, you make it personal i guess?
I never gave an opinion about you personal, this isnt professional but um okay...
I understand you get frustrated with me too..

Sure i react like a frustrated little kid, but yes, i am super frustrated, because of something simple a screw, that doesnt seem to work...

Also, when I ask about local its because, since VKB Europe is operating from my own country you might mean to actually get in contact with them, of course the webstore could be local too. that's why I asked.
I just like to double check things.

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Wed Oct 13, 2021 20:56

Forgive my butting in, but if the issue is the screw working itself loose, and all that is providing tension is the lock washer, have you tried:

1. Bending the lock washer so it exerts more pressure to keep the screw in place.

2. A dab or two of light thread locking compound? (Here in the US, we use Loctite Blue for such applications, presumably you have something similar). The thread locker will keep it in place under vibration, yet is still relatively easily removable.

This, of course, assumes you can get it tight enough in the first place. If you can't, something else is wrong. I don't have that stick, but, reading through the discussion, the design should work just fine as long as the screw doesn't loosen up - and the thread locker should prevent that.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 21:05

Browse through my post history and call me unprofessional again if you can. Truth is that I don't see very often someone throwing buckets of shit around and asking to be respected.
I really don't want this to become an argument, so let's state your options: 1. contact your local dealer for returning your device, and 2. try to fixing it by providing required info/photo. For the second case, if for any reason you don't feel comfortable to post pictures here you could either contact me through personal message or, if you prefer a more direct approach, come on the HOTAS Discord and buzz me, I use the nickname Papastratos over there.

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Wed Oct 13, 2021 21:10

No I actually think you are very professional tough, just not that last comment, a bit cheap.
But as i said, I understand you find me frustrating too so its fine.
Indeed no need for long discussion or battle.

And i did Edit a post, and added some pictures, but didn't see you already had replied.
so the pictures ended up on weird place.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 22:11

Remove the extension and install the grip on the base. Run VKBDevCfg, navigate to Test/External Devices and click on the green lit icons underneath (should be a GF Base and a MCG U), Two new windows should appear, showing communication level for the grip and for the base. In perfect conditions, there should only be a long continuous green line. Green blocks are acceptable, but yellow and red blocks would show issues. Watch those meters while handling your joystick around for a while.
If the line is constantly green put the extension back on, the grip on top of it and do the same test. Please update the thread with your results.

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Wed Oct 13, 2021 22:45

I've run both tests, without the extension, at first you get a nice long green line, but after a while, the blocks get bigger the more you use it, as noticed, the screw is at that point getting less tight and the stick is moving upward away from the base.
With the Extension, this happens, way way faster tough.

The GF Base stays green all the time.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 22:51

Please post pictures with the following in focus: top of the base (the 3 contact pads), both ends of the extension (the 3 contact pads end and the 3 pins end), the bottom of the stick (the 3 pins inside).
Try again for connectivity only the grip on the base, with both fasteners.

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Wed Oct 13, 2021 23:03

here are the pictures, ill be doing the test with both fasteners.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 22.01.51.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 22.01.51 (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 22.01.51 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 22.01.51 (1).jpeg

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Wed Oct 13, 2021 23:33

Ok so after doing the test for fasteners, it was very hard to get them more loose this time, so there doesnt seem a difference between the too, maybe in earlier test without the extension the fastener wasnt tight enough, and so a rare occurence that it would get loose. Tested again with extention, and both top, so Grip to extension and extension to base arnt really solid, the grip can twist to the sides. and the extension still comes loose from base very fast.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 23:43

I'm sorry, it's a bit unclear, are the fasteners working better swapped or there's no change?

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 0:20

Sorry for being unclear,

There was no difference changing the fasteners, both worked the same. This time i spun the stick for 5 minutes with each fastener and neither failed, so they work fine it seems.

And additionally :
I retested the Extension again, but both fasteners on the extension lose connection in about 30 to 50 spins.

So the problem lies mostly with the extension it seems.

Each spin is a natural circle motion with the stick.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:37

Alright, just spoke with your local vendor, he's expecting you to open up a ticket on this so he could send you a couple of more fasteners for you to try. After opening the ticket please post the number here for faster tracking.

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 18:08

I've opened a ticket, its #6042 Thanks

NanashiAnjin

Postby NanashiAnjin » Fri Oct 15, 2021 15:40

I was wondering what the next step is right now :)

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”