K-SCG Pro-L twisting causes red flashing, no buttons work

Moderator: AdminGroup

AshDarko

K-SCG Pro-L twisting causes red flashing, no buttons work

Postby AshDarko » Wed Apr 14, 2021 23:06

As title indicates, my 2month old premium Kosmosima looks like its broken.

Twist now either direction causes what looks like a disconnect in the readout, so Z rotation does not register nor do buttons work.

I have:

Reseated the grip many times,
Flashed default and firmware
Looked at the pins they seem fine, but the black plate behind them, looks loose but not sure if this effects it or not.

Please help, i cannot get a response to any of my support tickets submitted here: https://flightsimcontrols.com/ which is where i bought the stick from, i have previously raised tickets but not had a response for over a month now regarding my right stick which came with no grease in the chamber.

Now the left stick is unusable for what i use it for.

fallout9

Re: K-SCG Pro-L twisting causes red flashing, no buttons work

Postby fallout9 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:34

Sorry for the long wait; unfortunately you'll have to get in touch eventually with the EU vendor, as for fixing your issue you'll have to get a new cable (the one connecting the grip internals with the 3 contact pads on the base).
I've moved the thread to EU section for visibility.

AshDarko

Postby AshDarko » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:07

Thanks.. I thought I had raised it in the correct place :(

I can't physically replace that myself so I need them to send me a new twist module as unable to access the cable that goes inside the twist module. Why am I not getting a response to my support ticket with the vendor I bought it from?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:39

Replacing the cable is a very easy procedure and you'll be guided through it - you'll have to release the board with 3 contact pins on the bottom of the twist module, pull it out together with the cable, install the new cable with 3 pins board.

Please post your ticket number here for easier identification.

AshDarko

Postby AshDarko » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:39

#4853 - twist issue

#4829 / #4550 / #4534 - no grease issue

gavin786

Postby gavin786 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:54

I had a similar issue. The joystick would float in the x axis. I thought initially it was loose connectors internally, but when I opened it they were all solid; I reseated them anyway but they were not the problem. Eduard kindly offered me an RMA but the hassle of sending to Netherlands and pandemic was on and now its Brexit and even more trouble. So I didnt do that, but did manage to solve the problem.

Problem was the wire that connects the joystick to the black box. When I looked at it, there was a really poor soldering job done, and there were some small wire fragments that were making contact with other connectors causing short circuit and this was causing the x axis to float. Eventually the connection failed completely and I just had the red flashing LED on the black box. I resoldered it with a quality job and it works perfect now and is rock solid. So VKB definitely have some QA issues with certain of the wires from the joystick to black box. I did order a 2nd wire(though I dont need it now), didnt cancel as I like to support VKB and also could maybe do with a spare also. Anyway if you know how to solder, you could look at resoldering the joints in the wire from joystick to black box, or at least have look and see if its where the problem is.

Gavin786

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”