#4764 Replacement twist part defect

Moderator: AdminGroup

Fraggler

#4764 Replacement twist part defect

Postby Fraggler » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:18

Hey guys,

I own 2 Gladiator k's with the kosmosima grips.

Finally got my replacement parts and replaced the hats for my left stick without any problems.
On my right stick the twist module that also connects and communicates with the base broke and vkb send me the replacement module.
After installing i notice the twist is extremely stiff, it even stay in one place without moving back to the center, besides of that it doesn't register the twist axis.
I Believe Vkb send me a defect part which is possible ofc and it feel very unnatural how tight the z axis seems to behave.
If there is anybody who knows a fix for this please let me know, And a wish Vkb will reply soon to my ticket :)

Frag,

Fraggler

Re: #4764 Replacement twist part defect

Postby Fraggler » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:32

I Took the module apart and cleaned off the grease, the grease used is creating a lot resistance so i advice to use something less thick.
The module was cleaned and i applied proper grease and the twist feels exactly how it should be.
I still try to find out why my z axis isn't registering, I'll try to calibrate the sticks maybe that will pick it up.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:09

There's no way the grease would block the twist return to center; maybe the fastener wasn't in proper position? Check this video for the correct way to mount the grip.
Press the Default button in VKBDevCfg and try to recalibrate, see if the twist axis moves. If not, check this video to see how to properly install the twist module.

Fraggler

Postby Fraggler » Sat Apr 03, 2021 19:38

Alright i'm sure the grease that was used caused the problem, it was quite thick and and sticky almost glue like. i removed the grease With a fiber cloth an cleaning alcohol, then i re greased it and the problem was solved. The z axis is fixed as well and working so i closed my ticket and have been killing people for a couple of hours (in game) lol. Glad both of my sticks are fully functional
and till next time!

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”