Grip is not properly connecting to base Gladiator NXT

Moderator: AdminGroup

Pewbaca

Grip is not properly connecting to base Gladiator NXT

Postby Pewbaca » Mon Mar 22, 2021 14:53

Hello Ticket 3384 is still pending

(Topic title updated)
Last edited by Pewbaca on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:44, edited 2 times in total.

Pewbaca

Re: Ticket #3384 no reply for a while

Postby Pewbaca » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:41

So here is the full (slightly sad) story.

5 month ago i opened the ticket. I assumed that the cable for my newly recieved Gladiator Pro (CEA) (left hand) was broken either in the mounting process or right from the start.
The LED on the grip lights up and then quickly dies when i start the stick. Button inputs, twist axis do nothing. The Base seems to work and Button inputs and x/y axis is getting accepted.
I think 2-3 weeks later i recieved two replacement cables. I tested them and both cables don't work.

Maybe the grip is broken? or should i send it back?
4 month ago i messaged again and after a while i recieved a replacement grip (non pro but fuck it i wan't to play). The grips don't work.
Alright so its the base which is not working.

And this is the moment where contact has died out, for 3 months.
I also tried messeging through email to send everything back or get advice on how to proceed.

I totally understand that vkb is a rleative small busy company, there is pandemic going on, ships get stuck in the suez canal, vulcanos errupt and stuff like that. But i haven't recieved a single word for 3 months. And this where i'm starting to get annoyed

So as costumer support i would ask myself if you have bought a faulty product for 199€, would you be happy if no one replys for 3 months?

By the way: i have two grips, two cables and one base here waiting for return.

31.03.21 messaged again through https://flightsimcontrols.com/contacts/

09.04.21 We solved the issue. I just wanted to mention that Costumer Support at the start was slow but good. It just died somewhere in between. I'm a happy Costumer now and also plan on buying another product. (I think about the THQ or GSM)
Last edited by Pewbaca on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:47, edited 1 time in total.

Pewbaca

Postby Pewbaca » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:43

I will update this here for future problem solving

"Initially, the grip didn't work as you described. But after re-calibration, the grip is registered normally. I would propose also to calibrate your new device to avoid any issues. For that you need to download VKBDevCfg tool, run it, plug your NXT to USB port, select NXT in the list in upper window and then click on "default" button. It will reset and clear memory of the on-board controller and restart it.
When controller is restarted, it appears on the upper window again. Select NXT in that list and click on "Start Calibr". After that move all axis to their limit and click on "Stop Calibr". It will save calibration data and restart the controller again. "

TrueWeevie

Re: Grip is not properly connecting to base Gladiator NXT

Postby TrueWeevie » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:02

So did the advice solve your problems?

The lack of follow up from Eduard is poor of course but it would be good if you indicated whether there are still on going problems or if your issue is now solved.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:35

Yes, the issue is resolved. We replaced with the new set of NXT which were working out of the box as intended. Pewbaca mentioned it in his earlier post above:
Pewbaca wrote:09.04.21 We solved the issue. I just wanted to mention that Costumer Support at the start was slow but good. It just died somewhere in between. I'm a happy Costumer now and also plan on buying another product. (I think about the THQ or GSM)

The returned items were tested and indeed, both grips didn't work with the base. The base worked fine, however.
After resetting the firmware to factory settings (by using "Default" button) and re-calibrating, both grips operate normally.
Most likely the base were tested with right-handed grip and automatically register it. When left-handed grips were attached, it didn't recognize it until the settings are reset.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”