VKB Shipping to UK

Moderator: AdminGroup

Eduard VKB FSC

Re: VKB Shipping to UK

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Apr 12, 2021 0:51

Hi squiggle58,

we are closely monitoring your case. It seems there were a computer error and your invoice information was missing or corrupted somehow. We provided the invoice to UPS again last Tuesday but for some reasons it didn't move. Probably it needs some manual intervention. It has just been escalated to UPS and I strongly believe it will be processed further quickly.

To all,

I have analyzed a statistics for last couple of weeks. UPS improved the speed of delivery to the UK significantly. Now most of orders are delivered within 1 week ! I think it is really great improvement for both NL and UK UPS. Previosly, the delivery to some areas of UK was much slower than to the other areas (due to different local sorting centers). Also Eindhoven sorting center used to work not reliable enough. Now it looks very nice. The speed of delivery is close to pre-Brexit figures.

I hope it will be improving further and we could restore the same level of delivery quality as before.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

squiggle58

Postby squiggle58 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 13:12

Thanks Eduard,

Even though there is a 'clearance granted' note on my shipment it still seems to be in Eindhoven and has been there since 31/03/2021. 1 week....I wish! I still have no delivery date after 2 weeks.

Here is the email I received from UPS this morning (14/04/2020)

Dear Pete

Thank you for contacting us regarding your parcel delivery. I can understand why the limited tracking information would be concerning.

Our records indicate that your shipment is on hold awaiting customs clearance. Please note that Customs and Border Protection is an entirely separate entity based upon government procedures.

Please be guided that while the shipment is in the clearance process, and until it is released, any delay is beyond UPS's control. Once a shipment has been released, we are then able to resume the transit and delivered it accordingly.

For now, please contact the shipper/seller and for them to contact us directly for any further arrangement. The shipper/seller needs to get involve to provide additional requirements in order for us to release the parcel in the local customs.

Kind Regards,

Loui P.
UPS Customer Support

I'm being given the runaround here...UPS say they need further information, VKB are saying they have provided it. I'm losing my patience rapidly!
Last edited by squiggle58 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

Ragly

Postby Ragly » Tue Apr 13, 2021 22:55

Here is a new scenario which I haven't seen mentioned in this thread.
I want to order a stick for delivery to Northern Ireland.
Northern Ireland is still in the single market, see this link -

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/eu ... d-protocol

I am hoping this will simplify the paperwork (though to be honest I am worried that it will be the usual bureaucratic shambles).

Have VKB encountered this situation recently? Do you know if it will be easier or more difficult than the horror stories filling this thread?

Cheers - Rob.

arctander

Postby arctander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:21

StanS wrote:So far my UPS shipment seems to be going well, the stick arrived at my local UPS facility this morning and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

To my surprise, I haven't been asked yet to pay any import fees or VAT. How is this usually done with UPS?

Edit: My stick arrived just now, a day early. And I still haven't been asked to pay any additional fees. Are those included in the shipping cost?

Just created a login to comment.
Ordered a Gladiator NXT via CHina airlift. The price I paid was ex VAT 184 EURO. This is well over the £135 threshold for whether the seller charges VAT or the delivery company so I too am surprised that according to UPS my stick is out for delivery today and I have not been requested to pay any duty....

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty.

The shipping cost of EUR15 is far too low to account for 20% duty....

squiggle58

Postby squiggle58 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:28

Attention Eduard!

I've just been notified that my shipment [Order #16676] (March 24, 2021) is being returned to sender.

To say that I'm pi**ed off would be a huge understatement. I'd really like to know who is the incompetent party responsible for this cluster! I've waited for this NXT since 24th March and have been without a joystick for over a month now. This whole experience has been a nightmare with VKB saying that UPS are responsible and UPS saying that VKB are responsible with me as 'piggy in the middle'. I can only compare it to two children squabbling in a playground. Whilst I realise there have been teething problems due to Brexit how is it possible that communication between two companies can be so bad in this day and age.

What now?

Ragly

Postby Ragly » Fri Apr 30, 2021 15:21

Ragly wrote:Here is a new scenario which I haven't seen mentioned in this thread.

I am hoping this will simplify the paperwork (though to be honest I am worried that it will be the usual bureaucratic shambles).

Have VKB encountered this situation recently? Do you know if it will be easier or more difficult than the horror stories filling this thread?

Cheers - Rob.

Any thoughts on this? I want to place an order when the next shipment comes in and I hope you understand the rules for shipment/customs to N.I.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Sat May 01, 2021 9:01

squiggle58 wrote:I've just been notified that my shipment [Order #16676] (March 24, 2021) is being returned to sender.

Hi Pete,
The issue is resolved but I would like to update it on the forum as well. We re-ship the parcel. It has been delivered in 3 days this time. It is not fully clear what happened with the parcel. We have escalated to UPS they promised that it will not happen again. So far no more issues has been reported.

I see that UPS seriously improved speed of delivery to the UK now

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Sat May 01, 2021 9:04

Ragly wrote:Here is a new scenario which I haven't seen mentioned in this thread.

Hi Rob,

We consider Northern Ireland as part of EU in term of shipping and taxation. NL VAT of 21% is applied to the orders destined Northern Ireland. Shipping is also a bit faster. In April, the shipping to the UK is significantly improved and now the time of delivery is not much different. I think average delivery to the rest of the UK takes 5-7 days and to Nothern Ireland is about 3-4 days as before Brexit.

Ragly

Postby Ragly » Sat May 01, 2021 12:35

Excellent - that's great news. Thanks.

Athanasius

Postby Athanasius » Mon May 03, 2021 23:54

To add a good experience to this thread, for anyone else wondering about shipping to GB (i.e. UK, but not NI).

I ordered a Gunfighter MkIII MCG U on 19th April 2021, and was very pleasantly surprised when it shipped on 23rd April 2021. I was preparing myself for the cited 1-2 week wait for that.

Actually, the first thing I knew was an email from UPS about the tracking label being created. Once it was actually shipped later that day they emailed me about the necessary VAT payment. I completed that within 10 minutes and quickly got email confirmation of that. As well as the VAT (just on the item price, not the shipping cost as that was presumably paid in-EU by VKB), there was a 'Brokerage Fee' of a little over £10 paid at the same time.

In total, via PayPal (so it used their exchange rates on the days), I paid £526.91 (£432.11 to VKB, plus £94.80 to UPS).

Unfortunately, the 23rd being a Friday, the package didn't then start moving until the following Monday, 26th April 2021. However, despite the initial delaty bumping the ETA to Thu 29th April 2021 it actually got delivered mid-afternoon on the 28th!

So, in total it took 9 days from ordering to receipt, and I'm very happy with it :) .

bravoleader

Postby bravoleader » Thu May 13, 2021 3:25

Athanasius, one question for you on this topic.
The price on the website is in euro and it says included VAT for EU.
Do you get it discounted by the EU vat if your country is UK and then you have to pay VAT to UPS or you pay VAT twice?

F

Althar93

Postby Althar93 » Thu May 13, 2021 16:17

You will get charged for the product on the VKB website with VAT deducted. Once the package has been received by UPS you will be invited to pay import fees (which includes VAT) when it is underway.

I bought the Gunfighter last month & the other day the rudder pedals & both transactions / shipping were straightforward & incredibly quick. Paying the import fees is done directly on the UPS website & is also no fuss.

bravoleader

Postby bravoleader » Thu May 13, 2021 17:52

what i dont understand is if theprice on the website needs to be discounted by the VAT or not. When I try to buy it says including EU VAT and it does not decrease when I add that my country is UK :o

Althar93

Postby Althar93 » Thu May 13, 2021 22:19

It should do, once you've chosen your payment details & are about to fill in your details ; it did for me (I paid using Paypal, not sure at what point it changes with other payment methods).

bravoleader

Postby bravoleader » Fri May 14, 2021 3:32

Althar93 wrote:It should do, once you've chosen your payment details & are about to fill in your details ; it did for me (I paid using Paypal, not sure at what point it changes with other payment methods).

As an example I picked the small base for the gunfighter.
It says 9.09 euro inc VAT for EU only
I add it to basket, I select my country (UK), shipping method, but the price stays 9.09
It does not decrease. What I would like to avoid is to pay the VAT twice.
Can anyone confirm this is the right behavior?

f

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”