VKB Shipping to UK

Moderator: AdminGroup

Eduard VKB FSC

Re: VKB Shipping to UK

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:37

Sipha wrote:Thank you for the acknowledgment Eduard,

I wasn’t aware the IN STOCK didn’t actually mean you had them yet but were expect them soon. Whilst this is a little misleading I do understand now and will await further shipping information.

Hi Sipha,
Yes, I understand that "in stock" status is kind of misleading in NXT case. We just have implemented a new information system in the webstore which will allows to automate customer notification.
I am looking for possibility to add different status per product but not sure yet if it could be added to the store seemlessly.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

cameron747100

Postby cameron747100 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 17:56

I feel like "pre-order" would've been a more suitable status.
When I order something "in stock" I expect it to be shipped to me within a couple of days of ordering, not waiting 2 weeks for supplier to take a delivery, then for them to ship it to me.
Not having a moan, just something I feel should've been made clear when I ordered the stick 2 weeks ago

cameron747100

Postby cameron747100 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 0:16

Update on my order: It arrived today, just 10 days shipping to the UK. Brilliant service, and the stick is excellent!

Althar93

Postby Althar93 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 15:15

I placed an order for the Gunfighter MK.III MCG Pro yesterday & paid without putting much thought into it. This morning I checked the invoice and my payment (Paypal) only to realise that I have seemingly been charged the full price + EU VAT. The website does state that UK customers should not pay EU VAT but will be charged UK VAT on shipping/customs instead.

I've already placed a support ticket to see what VKB has to say but I am curious to know what other people's experience was with this. Did you get a refund for the excessive tax paid on the product?

I don't recall seeing anything on the purchase page that would have deducted the TAX, other than me specifying the shipping country.

Parachute

Postby Parachute » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:35

I thought the same. It doesn't help that the invoice doesn't explicitly mention VAT.

I think what happens is that the once you're logged in with an account with a UK address, you are presented with ex-VAT prices but the text still says it includes EU VAT.

If you clear your cookies and go to the store page "cold" as it were, you see the actual VAT-inclusive prices are 21% higher than the prices in your invoice.

At least I hope that's the case, but without an actual VAT invoice, it's hard to be sure.

ranjeybaby

Postby ranjeybaby » Mon Mar 15, 2021 13:48

Althar93 wrote:I don't recall seeing anything on the purchase page that would have deducted the TAX, other than me specifying the shipping country.

For me the tax was removed when I changed the shipping address from Netherlands to United Kingdom, if the total didn't change when you did this I expect they will be able to sort it out for you.

Althar93

Postby Althar93 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 14:40

I vaguely remember the price changing when I put my address through but it is possible I missed something out. In all honesty, the website isn't overly clear when it comes to the VAT.

What I know for sure is that when I check my Paypal invoice, It says '€371.07 EUR' for the Subtotal which is, as far as I am aware, the listed price for the 'Gunfighter Mk.III - MCG Pro EN /w twist' WITH EU VAT.

I'm sure VKB will be able to sort this out for me, I just hope that I don't get taxed based on the value of the product with the VAT already applied - this is the first time in my life that I've ordered something Post-Brexit, which is subject to customs/tax so I am a bit clueless as to how it works in practice. I guess I'll find out sooner or later.

netizensmith

Postby netizensmith » Mon Mar 15, 2021 17:46

Gunfigher MkIII MCG Pro is €417,00 incl VAT for EU

When you put a UK address in it silently lowers the price.

I just bought the rudders (listed at 199euros) but I paid 160ish. Expecting a UK VAT bill at some point.

Althar93

Postby Althar93 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 19:47

*Facepalm* - I just checked the price for the Gunfighter MK.III MCG Pro /w twist (VKBSIM-S-GF-MK3-MPR-EN1-TW) using incognito on Chrome and the price shows up as '€449 Incl VAT for EU'; when browsing for the same product with Chrome running normally, it shows up as '€371 Incl VAT for EU'.

Is the website somehow automatically subtracting the price on display on the basis that I am browsing from the UK?

I think the misleading part is that the price shows 'incl VAT for EU' regardless of it being applied or not.

The following link shows a screenshot I took of Chrome incognito & a regular session side by side, looking at the exact same product/reference : https://pasteboard.co/JSKLk0C.png

All in all it looks like I have been charged for and paid the correct amount - I'll update my support ticket with the relevant information as it is looking more like a glitch/oversight on the website for the store.

MACCCA55

Postby MACCCA55 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 14:28

I appear to be having the same problem regarding shipping with my parcel stuck at Eindhoven and UPS updating delivery every other day. Can anyone tell me the solution to this or do I just wait and hope?

Tracking number is: 1ZV788896806221075

VKB, can you help??

Thanks

hanzo

Postby hanzo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 15:12

Just another shout out to those waiting in the UK;
I have 14 emails from UPS updating me on my delivery status. Every single day it pushes out the delivery date by a further few days. Looking at the advanced tracking, this is just a tiny snippet:
17/03/2021 9:58 Eindhoven, Netherlands Arrived at Facility
17/03/2021 9:00 Eindhoven, Netherlands The package is delayed due to a Brexit related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible.
15/03/2021 15:00 Eindhoven, Netherlands Departed from Facility
15/03/2021 13:39 Eindhoven, Netherlands Export Scan
15/03/2021 9:00 Eindhoven, Netherlands The package is delayed due to a Brexit related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible.
... repeat ad-nauseum ...
Realise that it's not VKB's fault, but I take issue at paying ~E15 delivery + "handling fees" for such a sub-par service from UPS. After the disaster of Jan/Feb, we were told that UPS had sorted out all their issues - clearly not.

miksmax

Postby miksmax » Wed Mar 17, 2021 15:23

MACCCA55 wrote:I appear to be having the same problem regarding shipping with my parcel stuck at Eindhoven and UPS updating delivery every other day. Can anyone tell me the solution to this or do I just wait and hope?

VKB, can you help??

Thanks

Use the Parcels website to track your package. It provides much more detail:
https://parcelsapp.com/en

Hope it helps!

Althar93

Postby Althar93 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 16:34

Ordered my Gunfighter MK.III MCG Pro last Saturday (13/03), arrived half an hour ago (17/03) so I am very pleased :).

I realise some people might have had issues with shipping/UPS or else ; on my end it was smooth sailing sorting out the custom/tax payment with UPS and arrived very quickly (in fact one day earlier than the expected delivery date/time).

OBrandenburg

Postby OBrandenburg » Wed Mar 17, 2021 16:43

MACCCA55 wrote:I appear to be having the same problem regarding shipping with my parcel stuck at Eindhoven and UPS updating delivery every other day. Can anyone tell me the solution to this or do I just wait and hope?

VKB, can you help??

Thanks

I'm afraid, there's not much anybody (VKB) can do about this - I have made an ebay-purchase from the UK in early Jan, sent by UPS and my tracking looks similar to yours. The seller checked back and escalated at UPS several times (and finally lost his temper) to no avail... He/I was told to keep waiting - so that's what I do for more than two months now....... Guess all that's related to the Brexit... :?

Joe-90

Postby Joe-90 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 17:07

I hope my order is that fast, ordered 15/03, still says processing

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”