Gladiator MkIII Pro and SCG Grip

Moderator: AdminGroup

s411728

Gladiator MkIII Pro and SCG Grip

Postby s411728 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:49

Hello,

I already own Gladiator Mk. III Pro and I would like to upgrade the SCG Grip. Will the grip be compatible? I am asking to make sure, before I make the order.
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Nikola

fallout9

Re: Gladiator MkIII Pro and SCG Grip

Postby fallout9 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:57

Hi Nikola, there's no such device as the one you mentioned, you mean a GunFighter MKIII? If that's the case then yes, the GunFighter MKIII base is perfectly compatible with the Kosmosima (SCG) grip; the only thing that you'll have to pay attention is to order the version called RevB for the grip (RevA would not be compatible with your base).
Also, there are 2 versions for the SCG grip: the Standard and the Premium. The last one comes with a secondary trigger, a hat switch to replace a ministick and a button to replace a hat switch.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 15:55

He may have a Gladiator Pro. You just need to find out which version of the stock. To do this, you need a photo of the base with the grip removed. And according to the result, order the corresponding SCG handle (simple or Premium, left or right).
MK1&MK2.png

s411728

Postby s411728 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 14:38

fallout9 wrote:Hi Nikola, there's no such device as the one you mentioned, you mean a GunFighter MKIII? If that's the case then yes, the GunFighter MKIII base is perfectly compatible with the Kosmosima (SCG) grip; the only thing that you'll have to pay attention is to order the version called RevB for the grip (RevA would not be compatible with your base).
Also, there are 2 versions for the SCG grip: the Standard and the Premium. The last one comes with a secondary trigger, a hat switch to replace a ministick and a button to replace a hat switch.

It seems I have made a typo. The controller I have is Gladiator Mk. II (2) with the rudder-twist axis.

s411728

Postby s411728 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 14:40

Thanks for replying Ron. I have the Mk. II (2) with the rudder axis. So I guess I am good to get the SCG Pro handle.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 18:22

Unfortunately not. The Gladiator MKII has a non swappable grip by default. But it could get upgraded so it would accept a SCG grip by installing an adapter kit. Here's a video on how to install the adapter kit on a Gladiator MKII.

s411728

Postby s411728 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 19:05

Thank you for your support. Just to confirm: it is possible to convert the Gladiator Mk. 2 to accept the SCG grip, provided I use the adapter kit you have mentioned?

Many thanks!

---

I also found this on the European website at https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/scg-kosmosima/
There is an option to select Rev. A which seems to be compatible Gladiator Pro Mk II, which is the type of stick I believe is in my possession. Would be great if you can also clarify this one.
delete.png
delete.png (68.3 KiB) Viewed 3212 times

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 21:35

Short answer:
Gladiator MKII (your device) =/= Gladiator Pro MKII

Long answer:
Gladiator Pro MKII and Gladiator MKII are out of production. Gladiator NXT line is the latest and current Gladiator line.
Gladiator Pro MKII has a metal cam gimbal like Gunfighter bases (minus the dry clutch) and interchangeable grips. It accepts only connectors of RevA type (and older than that, as special order). It doesn't have twist.
Gladiator MKII has a plastic gimbal and fixed grip (KG12). Could accept an upgrade kit to make it able to swap grips and become a variation called Gladiator K - in this case will accept grips with connector RevB type. It has twist built-in.
Gladiator NXT has plastic gimbal and Kosmosima grip. The grip could be taken out, but it's not swappable with any other grips (maybe this would change in the future). Removing grip's NXT connector and installing a RevB connector it could make the grip compatible with GunFighter system/ RevB.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

s411728

Postby s411728 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 22:54

I see. Thank you for the detail explanation. Things make sense now! It's easy to get lost with all these sub-variants :D

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”