Request for a new video tutorial "How Convert POV to HAT.

Moderator: AdminGroup

RHK111

Request for a new video tutorial "How Convert POV to HAT.

Postby RHK111 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:17

Dear VKB,

I have seen all your tutorials in YT (VKBDevCfg tutorials) and I find them very interesting to be able to take full advantage of VKB controllers.
Recently I got the MCG Pro (MKIII) Joystick and doing the first tests I have managed to convert the second ministick into POV2 keeping the axes as in POV1 (trim). But I would like to learn how to convert those ministicks into a 4 button and push HAT, keeping axes if possible. I have a VKBDevCfg application manual, but I can't convert POV to HAT.

It would be nice to have a video about it, to be able to do that since for example Steel Beasts PRO PE (ver. 4.0) does not recognize POV positions.

Hope it's no hassle and thanks in advance.

Best regards

RHK111

fallout9

Re: Request for a new video tutorial "How Convert POV to HAT.

Postby fallout9 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:34

No hassle at all, here's how to do it:
First, reset to Default and calibrate your joystick. Then Open VKBDevCfg and navigate to Profile, then Buttons/ Physical buttons and check the Poll box (1). Click on the center button of the Gate Cont ministick and mouse click on the cell on the chart that's lighting up (2). In the new pop up window set that button as uSwitch (3), set it as POV2 (4), switched by TempoB (5) - TempoB will provide you a short press to bind as a button and a long press to swap from POV mode to axes mode. Also, if you want the joystick to start in POV mode leave that box checked; if you want it to start in axes mode uncheck the box. You could assign Master Mode ministick to TempoB too if you want. Close the pop up window (6).
Second photo: Set up the second POV as LoRes 8w, or you could set up as LoRes 4W for 4 buttons instead of 8 (1). Output is POV (2), VC# 1 (3) and axes are 5 and 6 (4). Now press the Set button to save the changes (5).
At the end, set up the POV# from 1 to 2 in Global/Common panel.
That's it :)
1.JPG

2.JPG

RHK111

Postby RHK111 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 20:31

Dear fallout9,
Thanks for a quick answer and indeed for days that I have managed to configure the second POV without problems, but the two POVs are perfectly reconnected by DCS World and almost the rest of simulators or modern games as you can see in the first image with the config menu in DCS World that is especially friendly for all types of controllers:

But my problem is that Steel Beasts PRO PE does not recognize two POVs,
only one of the two POVs (POV1) is recognized and POV2 cannot be used:

In your VKB Manual controler, page 61 I can read: "If you do not need HAT as view controller you can configure it as four
simple independent buttons. In this case you must configure lines of HAT as buttons (see 4.3.1 on p. 48) ".
I would like to learn how to configure POV buttons as simple buttons.

Best regards

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 21:22

There's a way to direct the POV to button, just see below. The thing is that game seems pretty old if it only recognizes a single HAT so it might have issues with reading so many buttons. If it doesn't you'll have to either split your device in 2 virtual controllers or assign some buttons to keyboard.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”