Gladiator MK2 Wheelbrakes in DCS with Ruder Axis not working

Moderator: AdminGroup

MasterFuba

Gladiator MK2 Wheelbrakes in DCS with Ruder Axis not working

Postby MasterFuba » Sat Apr 25, 2020 22:47

Hi,

i am new to DCS and due to that i purchased a Gladiator MK2. Now ingame i am not able to define Ruder Axis as Wheelbrake proper.
The problem is that DCS has left and right wheelbrake as individual input defined. Regardless which one i pick in axis selection it overwrites the other.

If i define Wheelbrake right and twist stick right its recogined as Joy-RX.
Fine at first, but when i define Wheelbrake left and twist my stick left then it also uses Joy-RX and removes the entry from Wheelbrake right.
I can define one side of the brakes but the other is dead. only left or only right - this is not realy practical.
There is also a "Wheelbrake" in DCS without right or left named next to it, but this acts as brake with both wheels so no controll either if i define it to Joy-RX.

I also tried in VKB device config 0.9.1.15 to define a button for the ruder axis in hope i could define two different ones (one for each side) but i fail either.
This software is realy hardcore - i realy don't understand this tool. Its far away from intuitive and the manual for this specific need is very short.

I hope to find an expert here who could tell me if there is a workaround for getting this solved.

KR
Daniel

MasterFuba

Re: Gladiator MK2 Wheelbrakes in DCS with Ruder Axis not working

Postby MasterFuba » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:13

Maybe i found the solution.

Gladiator has Ruder on axis 3.
In VKB Devive Config under A2B Settings i have added 3 Tones on vBut1 30
This does somehow activate Button 6 per in center and for each side an individual button. Button 9 for left and Button 3 for right.
In DCS i just have to take care that i keep twisting the desire side while hitting OK during mapping.

I can roll now under full controll, seems this is the solution for getting my ground stearing abilities also on the stick.
now i have to test how this performs when i accelerate. I hope the additional ruder which is also active when i brake wont overshoot my stearings
lets see how this will go

BR
Daniel
Attachments
Gladiator - Wheelbrake via Ruder.jpg

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”