Looking for PRO grip with yaw axis

Moderator: AdminGroup

gatto73

Looking for PRO grip with yaw axis

Postby gatto73 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 22:00

Hi guys, I know it's weird use the words PRO and YAW axis in the same sentence but ... that's it, I need this configuration , let's say that my feet mmh doesn't work properly :-)
I'm attracted from Gunfighter MKIII but: 1) in europe it's out of stock 2) It doesn't seem to have yaw axis so I think if I could try this configuration:

VKB-SIM GLADIATOR MK.II JOYSTICK (SKU: VKBSIM-S-GL-MK2-STD-001) - In stock and does have yaw axis
MODERN COMBAT GRIP (MCG) SOCKET REV. A (SKU: VKBSIM-G-MG-PRO-RVA-EN1) -In stock and seems to be compatible with the base of gladiator MKII base

In this configuration I assume the combat grip + gladiator base will have the yaw axis to use for rudder without any adapter, is it right? If yes I'll buy 2 grips and one base for 269€ which is good for me.
or ... have any other solutions to suggest me?

Thank you kindly for any suggestion! Have an happy christmas!

fallout9

Re: Looking for PRO grip with yaw axis

Postby fallout9 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 23:12

The MCG/MCG Pro grips just got recently a twist module as an upgrade, which could be acquired separately or as a package. So if you want the MCG Pro grip you have 2 options: 1. get it together with a MKIII GunFighter base, or 2. get it together with a Gladiator MKII. In the last case you'll also need an adapter kit (https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/g ... tor-mk-ii/), as the Gladiator comes standard with a fixed grip; you'll have to remove that grip and install the adapter kit and afterwards you'll be able to use it in combination with grips like MCG/MCG Pro and Kosmosima (here's a guide to see what this upgrade involves: https://youtu.be/x_LXh5LTJL4). Please note that either way you'll need the RevB grips (RevA grips fits only now discontinued bases).
Also, for your information, here are some differences between the Gladiator MKII and GunFighter MKIII:
- Gladiator cannot change cams, GunFighter can (at this moment there are 6 types of cams available),
- Gladiator could use only 2 sets of springs, GunFighter has 10 sets available with the possibility to make combinations of springs as it fits 2 springs per cam.
- Gladiator cams are plastic, GunFighter's metal;
- Gladiator comes with 14 buttons and a throttle on the base, GunFighter has none - so Gladiator could be used as a single device for games and GunFighter only in combination with w throttle or a second base.

LE: updated the Gladiator upgrade link.

gatto73

Postby gatto73 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:41

Thank you fallout9, precious advice!
I think I'll go for gladiator + kit + Gunfighter. I prefer to have an allinone peripheral, which I'll use for every single prop airplane, and eventually using it together with the throttle of the x52 logitech which I already own ( and it's a shame vkb does not produce throttles yet..) :D
It's not good that in the future I'll not be able to buy a base for the Gunfighter grip, find that it's discontinued. But .. ok I'll be able to have a single device on my desk with lots of buttons , one throttle and yaw.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:50

Nono, you got me wrong - only RevA bases are discontinued; they are still making RevA grips for people with RevA bases. If you buy now let's say the Gladiator, upgrade kit (that will make the Gladiator a RevB base) and a RevB MCG Pro you will be able to upgrade in the future to a MKIII GunFighter base using the same grip.
Also note that, before buying the MCG Pro grip, make sure it has the twist adapter included, otherwise you'll have to buy it separately and install it on your own. Here's a video on how to install the twist module on the MCG/ MCG Pro: https://youtu.be/QQRkCgGbpjw

gatto73

Postby gatto73 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:39

Yes it was clear, it's me not explaining well (sorry for my english ) I mean... when I upgrade the base of the gladiator to a revB base probably I'll not be able to use the original gladiator grip.
So I need the gladiator controller, the kit which will make the base a revBbase, the MCG grip rev.B, and also the mcg twist adapter (the last one is out of stock now ...sigh)

gatto73

Postby gatto73 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:28

Just an update of my configuration, instead of buying the MCG grip rev.B (which needs the mcg twist adapter) i'll buy the komosima grip which already has the twist.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 19:59

Good choice! As a personal opinion, Kosmosima fits better the Gladiator MKII as it's shorter, lighter and the hand rest is closer to the base comparing with the MCG Pro.

gatto73

Postby gatto73 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:06

Only a word: enthusiast!!!! Everything's going well!
In the configuration I've loaded I don't have pinky switch and the mode button is a normal button and doesn't change the mode ( I have to study the manual to know how assign these functions or change leds), but there are so many buttons at my disposal that probably there is no need to program any switch button. The precision of this controller is EXTREME, much ... much better than my old logitech x52 , logitech extreme 3d pro and thrustmaster T16000 . Best buy at all!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:34

gatto73 wrote:Only a word: enthusiast!!!!!

That's the spirit! :)

Glad you're happy with it. I'd only advise to not neglect the manual, there are still lots of gems in there that will make your device even more attractive; and if something it's not clear, just ask here about it.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”