Getting ignored by Eduard?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Saza

Getting ignored by Eduard?

Postby Saza » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:00

Hello again. After my first post here, http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3866&e=1&view=unread#unread Eduard sent his response apologizing for late response, and assured me the part would be sent and I'll get the tracking number. None of it happened and i'm getting ignored again. So now I have my joystick completely useless for almost two months and I don't really know what to do, but post here.

Is there anyone else who could take over the ticket or at least provide some solid information?

Ticket number: 1563

Thanks.

Eduard VKB FSC

Re: Getting ignored by Eduard?

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Tue Nov 12, 2019 21:22

Hello Saza,

We prepared the second shipping with spare parts and it will be picked up tomorrow, now with tracking number so it will be traceable this time. The spare cable is added to the shipping as requested.
I would like to propose to try to fix the loosing contact (if it happens again) with the hot glue.

If you apply the glue to the cable between the wires and the white plastic socket it will secure the wires from moving. When the gimbal moves, especially for X-axis, the wires moves as well. They might loose contact after a while. To avoid it, a drop of hot glue would help a lot.

I hope that recommendation could also help.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:01

:lol: Hot glue eh?

I love VKB and will give them my money until I'm dead but this is kinda hilarious!

:lol:

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Nov 13, 2019 14:46

TrueWeevie wrote::lol: Hot glue eh?

(facepalm) (facepalm) (facepalm)
I have no words.
Well, except as you know Eduard is a separate business, and we are not responsible for such advice.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Sat Nov 30, 2019 23:19

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain the joke every well. :oops: The fact that Eduard (a distributor) is suggesting hot glue is funny. :lol:

I'm well aware VKB don't use hot glue. I've seen inside my MCG Pro and it's really is rather lovely from an engineering standpoint! :wink:

You should know by now the high regard I hold VKB's engineering in. :wink:

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:28

Hi TrueWeevie,
The reason I suggested it just because it was related to one of the early series of Gunfighter. It will be soon out of warranty and in this case hot glue might be reasonable solution to maintain a stable good contact inside of connecting cable.

The recent Gunfighter batches are produced with much better cables and hot glue should not be required at all.
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 22:08

It's all fine but I'm sure you can see why some of us who were around on reddit a couple of years back might have had a little chuckle at that! :lol: :wink:

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”