Possible to bind a Ministick Push as button AND as mode switch?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Fri13

Possible to bind a Ministick Push as button AND as mode switch?

Postby Fri13 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:01

I set new profile for F/A-18C, A-10C and AV-8B N/A where a MCG PRO left mini-stick has two modes, by default it is a 4-way hat but I can do the same "Press'n'Hold" a second to switch it back to 2-axis Mini-stick. But that leaves me to situation where I can't have its center push work as button.

So I am seeking help that is it possible to make the center push work such way, that if the mini-stick is pressed less than one second then it will operate as a button, but if it is hold over 1 second it switches to mini-stick mode?

I am going to use it just to swap the functionality of the mini-stick in the menu, lobby or situation where it doesn't matter at all that I push the center for second, so it ain't interfering with the function that is binded behind the center push (target lock etc).

hon0

Re: Possible to bind a Ministick Push as button AND as mode switch?

Postby hon0 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:23

That is how it work by default if I remember correctly. When in "Hat mode" a short press = a button pulse and a long press change to "ministick mode".
In Ministick mode a short press recenter the ministick axes (if in relative mode at least, I don't remember the behavior in absolute mod) and a long press change to "hat mode".

If that isn't the default behavior, be assured it can be done. Can't check my config right now but I'm pretty sure that's how it work by default, so you could revert to default setting to check how it is done. On a new profile so to no override yours of course.
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:32

If I understood everything correctly, do you also need a button, besides the switch function uSSw Switch?
It's easy - from the list of uSSw options, select Tempo B. See that it does not overlap with another assigned button.

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 20:37

Dumb me! Of course I should have look the top mini-stick mode first, to copy it to that left mini-stick!

Thanks for the "Pulse B" tip!

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”