Lock Rudder on GLADIATOR MK.II ?

Moderator: AdminGroup

PierreGloom

Lock Rudder on GLADIATOR MK.II ?

Postby PierreGloom » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:01

Hello there !

I'm new here, and I have a question about the GLADIATOR MK.II (non pro).
I don't have received mine yet, as I ordered it during the annual vacation break, so I'm reading all that I can about it, and I cannot figure out if it's possible to lock the rudder axis on the stick.

I already have an old Thrustmaster Hotas X on which there's a screw to lock this function (on the base of the stick), and I know I won't need it with the GLADIATOR MK.II because I also already have rudder pedals (the Thrustmaster TFRP).
Is there a screw or thing like that on the GLADIATOR MK.II?

If I understand well, it's possible to plug the VKB rudder pedals directly to it, so I think that this joystick was designed on purpose, but I was wondering if the rudder axis of the joystick was disturbing if not used? (if it wasn't possible to lock it).

Thank's ;)

Victorus

Re: Lock Rudder on GLADIATOR MK.II ?

Postby Victorus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 14:29

Twist can be fixed using self-tapping screw.
Here yadi.sk/i/emoZcmpw7Kyo9w you can find VKB controllers User Guide. Any axis can be disabled using configuration utility VKBdevcfg.exe. Simply uncheck En(able) and Vs(visible)checkboxes on physical axis tab.
Mentioned software (and firmwares) here http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/

PS
Look here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2369

PierreGloom

Postby PierreGloom » Mon Aug 26, 2019 15:15

Thank you very much !

So if I understand well, the screw hole shown in this topic ([url]viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2369[/url]) is hidden under the "small part to put his hand on" on the bottom of the stick, right?
(sorry for my english, I'm french and my english is not too bad, but I don't know every technical words).

If I just lock the twist with a screw, is it necessary to disable the rudder axis ?

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 16:19

No it isn't. Also -if you do not need twist axis - do not use it in simulator at all. Its response will not be considered.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

PierreGloom

Postby PierreGloom » Mon Aug 26, 2019 16:40

Great !
I've understood that the hole is already done on the base of the stick, does the srew will be in the box too?
Or if not, if one of you have already done this manipulation, what size of screw do you recommand?

I am even more eager to receive mine :P !!!

PierreGloom

Postby PierreGloom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 15:09

I've found an answer to my last question : http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3594&p=35155&hilit=lock+twist#p35155
Hope I will find that 2mm (OD) x 15mm length self tapping screw if there's no one in the box...

PierreGloom

Postby PierreGloom » Thu Sep 05, 2019 16:06

Hey there !
I just received my Gladiator MKII, and wow, it's cool !
I think I won't need to lock the twist on it, just trying it with no flight sim, and the twist axis appears to be very "hard", I don't think I will turn it if I don't do it intentionaly.
And that's a great news, even if I had already found a screw on my old Thrustmaster joystick that could do the job.

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”