Gladiator Pro Mk.II still in production?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Pikas62

Gladiator Pro Mk.II still in production?

Postby Pikas62 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 17:29

The Gladiator Pro Mk.II is not listed in any VKB shop. Is if it is still in production?

AeroGator

Re: Gladiator Pro Mk.II still in production?

Postby AeroGator » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:38

Pikas62 wrote:The Gladiator Pro Mk.II is not listed in any VKB shop. Is if it is still in production?

"In production" is a pretty elastic term.
We don't have models constantly "in production", i.e., the factory making them day after day, non stop, all the time, like cars on car plants.
We rather have a bunch of models that we release in batches now and again.
Those models that we decided to never make again are discontinued.
In these terms, GlPII still is "in production", but we are not sure whether we still make another batch, or will rather wait till the new model comes (it is in some stage of design). What I said above is not enough to know for sure that there will (or will not) be another batch of Gladiators made, bit it is enough to understand definitely that whatever happens it will not be anytime soon. We are all head over heels in producing Gunfighters with MCGs and Kosmosimas, plus pushing the new models up. Gladiator family is lower on our list.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Pikas62

Postby Pikas62 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:08

That's too bad, because the Gladiator is perfect for WW1 and WW2 simulations. For using VR, the additional buttons on the Gladiator base are also perfect. Although I already own a Gladiator Pro MK.II, I wanted to order a second one for my new SCG Premium L (eft) Rev. A so I would not have to switch between the KG12 and the SCG whenever I switch between my IL2 and my Star Citizen setup. By the way, for Star Citizen I use the controls with two VKB joysticks - MCG Pro on Gunfighter MK.II for the right hand and SCG Premium on Gladiator Pro MK.II for the left hand. I am grateful for the honest information and look forward to either the production of a new GlProMK.II batch or the publication of the successor.

Plexus

Postby Plexus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 22:24

I already mentioned in another thread, that the situation for gamers with a need for several less time-sensitive but more intuitive usable buttons, is quite unsatisfactory at the moment. Even if you would start to produce a last charge of the Gladiator Pro MK II it would give me precarious feeling buying this base as you already announced to bring out MK III soon™ (my expericence tells me to happen within 1-2 years) especially as this base will have the Rev.B socket, which gives 2-stick players the opportunity to switch the bases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj6yXxVc21Y

Return to “VKB FSC Europe”